Use your CO analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may, or may not sit out the dive at 5ppm, but knowing the CO level in your tanks is a good thing to know before diving imho.

The same could be said for a lot of things. I have carried a knife on most my dives and have never never used it, but I still carry it even though statistically, I probably won't need it.
Carrying a knife in the Cozumel Marine Park is a violation of the rules.

If they were smart, they'd ban CO analyzers too.

Nooo Greg, they should just ban co. Apples and oranges buddy.

Nimoh, where is the knife worn cuz you have your statistical chance of requiring it at some point, then the statistical compound risk of inability to reach your knife due to the nature of the entanglement.

Last edited:
If they were smart, they'd ban CO analyzers too.

Wow. It's amazing what you can learn on the internet.

But you're just a voice on the internet. How do I know that you really had CO poisoning? How do I know it was no fun?
I don't care if you believe me or not. I am not trying to convince you to do (or not do) anything.

I don't care if you believe me or not. I am not trying to convince you to do (or not do) anything.
But you're indirectly trying to talk me out of getting CO poisoned. Maybe I'd like it, maybe not, but it should be my choice.

On the other hand, I certainly wasn't trying to talk the hamburger guy out of taking his antibiotics because the harm was already done. I was simply mentioning how it was a mistake.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 03:08 PM ----------

Wow. It's amazing what you can learn on the internet.
I'd imagine that the collective dive operations of Cozumel have some voice, just like any lobbying organization in the U.S. And, just like lobbying organization in the U.S., they can affect legislation and regulation.

Now, if some people are showing up on dive boats, analyzing their tanks to show a perfectly acceptable reading of 5-7 ppm, yet refusing to dive the tanks and demanding their money back, disputing their credit card charges, and slandering the dive ops involved, wouldn't it be in the economic interest of the dive ops of Cozumel to try to have CO analyzer banned within the marine park?

There ya go, ya learned something about politics and economics all in one.

But you're indirectly trying to talk me out of getting CO poisoned. Maybe I'd like it, maybe not, but it should be my choice.
I beg your pardon; I was doing nothing of the sort. Huff CO all you want. Knock yourself out.

I beg your pardon; I was doing nothing of the sort. Huff CO all you want. Knock yourself out.
Gee, now you're advising me to huff CO? I'm not sure I trust your advice. Maybe you are just an internet voice.

I'm sure that any destination that banned the use of personal CO analyzers would regret such a stupid ploy as soon as word got out. Their best approach is to learn to run compressors so that none is detected. No one knows how much CO got into Coz tanks overall before Analox produced their affordable & portable analyzers as other testing options were not popular, so they got away with it - with subclinical hits being dismissed as hangovers and typical travelers illnesses and severe hits being diagnosed as drownings. Times have changed, and while some still ridicule those of us who are forcing the improvements, the situation is improving.

..... so they got away with it - with subclinical hits being dismissed as hangovers and typical travelers illnesses and severe hits being diagnosed as drownings. ....

I know how this reads to me but let me ask for a clarification.

1) Are you saying that subclinical hits in Cozumel are due to CO poisoning in scuba tanks?

2) Are you saying that drownings in Cozumel are due to CO poisoning in scuba tanks? So the woman who died near Santa Rosa in March 2013 was a CO victim? The Utah woman who died several months ago was a CO victim?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom