Use your CO analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just lucky, I guess. :D
Huh? CO poisoning didn't exist in Coz until 2011. That's because CO was only invented relatively recently and NAFTA prevented its exportation from the U.S.

Huh? CO poisoning didn't exist in Coz until 2011. That's because CO was only invented relatively recently and NAFTA prevented its exportation from the U.S.
Actually, I have experienced CO poisoning twice, although neither time was it diving related. It's no fun.

But you're just a voice on the internet. How do I know that you really had CO poisoning? How do I know it was no fun?

I looked up CO poisoning on TA. It really isn't well rated....
The good news is that they use the same chambers to treat survivors, and DAN will pay.

I looked up CO poisoning on TA. It really isn't well rated....

A search for "carbon monoxide scuba trip advisor" on Google will give you plenty of Coz material to read.

[/COLOR]You mean there are people who don't do that? LOL

Actually, Gregg, I do recall reading about several confirmed CO deaths over the last few years. I agree with you that the risk is statistically very small but it's also something that individual divers can eliminate entirely if they wish to.

So while I personally won't be travelling with a CO meter I'll be the last one to ridicule people for doing so.

R..

I like that part in bold, well, the rest too, but especially the part in bold.

I like that part in bold, well, the rest too, but especially the part in bold.
Risk/benefit. If your tanks read 5 ppm and you sit out the dive, well, you sat out the dive. By the same notion, all the statistical risks of diving can be avoided by simply sitting out every dive.

Risk/benefit. If your tanks read 5 ppm and you sit out the dive, well, you sat out the dive. By the same notion, all the statistical risks of diving can be avoided by simply sitting out every dive.

I may, or may not sit out the dive at 5ppm, but knowing the CO level in your tanks is a good thing to know before diving imho.

The same could be said for a lot of things. I have carried a knife on most my dives and have never never used it, but I still carry it even though statistically, I probably won't need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom