Use your CO analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air contamination issue was not the sole safety consideration in coming to that decision.
Hey, it's a different kind of Mexican food, plus they have Italian, French, and cheeseburgers... :D

The air contamination issue was not the sole safety consideration in coming to that decision.
Like I said, suit yourself. I have been going to Cozumel since 1978 and have never felt threatened by either persons or situations. That said, anywhere you go out of the US, things are different, and sometimes systems on which you have come to rely are not there. It behooves the traveler to make themselves aware of the differences and adjust their expectations accordingly.

Thanks for the additional data point theduckguru.

Of course the CO tester cheerleader will consider that adding to the confusion.

Chief, I've been getting plenty of 3500 lb fills in those HP tanks, but Altec has been shorting me on the sunshine! Must investigate...

Well, there is more to than standard than just 15 ppm, I believe there is a 50 meter depth restriction. So now we have 3 in Canada, 10 in the US and 15 in Germany.

BAUER PureAir
Yep, I think the UK & Australia have both moved to 3 ppm, but continental Europe is still on 15 to my knowledge. Most dive destination countries still do not have rules, and it comes down to a personal call based on how well you maintain and understand your tester. I no-go at 10, but start complaining much lower. It's good to see Bauer offering so much in clean air info since the agencies & DAN have dropped the ball. I kinda wish they would push inline CO monitors, and there are a few good brands to compare, but then I'd still test my tanks even if I saw the unit attached. There's still a variety of possibilities...

Like I said, suit yourself. I have been going to Cozumel since 1978 and have never felt threatened by either persons or situations. That said, anywhere you go out of the US, things are different, and sometimes systems on which you have come to rely are not there. It behooves the traveler to make themselves aware of the differences and adjust their expectations accordingly.

From 1978 until now, how did you escape CO poisoning in Coz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom