Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been reading this thread with interest. I know people who have been and are still in Iraq. I am certainly glad that people are donating things, but does anyone else think it's pretty sad that the US government isn't providing our military personnel with adequate food and toiletries?

Trig I PM'd you . ..

Trig - i hear you and some of the stories i hear is :shakehead: but i dont consider what i do as donating, i prefer to think of it as supporting with love

i cant imagine a week without a few comforts from home..... i know one solider that asked for a set of sheets that smelled like home (i just :crying: at the thought) and i dont think any military store can hand those out

cheers

but does anyone else think it's pretty sad that the US government isn't providing our military personnel with adequate food and toiletries?

It is 200% better than it was coming off the Clinton years. JB was sent into Afganistan without a coat for six weeks and one MRE a day. He lost 18 pounds. I read about the no coats for six weeks in a book, and he confirmed it. That kinda surprised me to be honest. THEN they got these acrylic pullovers and some general somewhere said they could not wear them because they were not "issue". It was below zero some nights and their hands were sticking to the weapons... (I am pretty sure they said **** politics and wore them anyway)

It is all relative I guess. He has been every year since the invasion and says it is much better supply wise, now. The food they are asking for is convenience food that can be microwaved or eaten on convoys. Important, but different from just trying to meet your body's caloric requirements.

No more shocking than conditions in public schools, while the politicians have koa panneled offices. (sorry...getting cynical)

No you're not Catherine...What Clinton did to our troops under his reign was criminal....And I don't think of this program as anything more than love letters from home...with goodies attached. Everybody loves suprises......

CheddarChick:
What Clinton did to our troops under his reign was criminal
WOW. When you think about the current deployment schedules, overuse of the gaurd and reserves, Walter Reed Hospital scandals, etc., all I'm gonna say about that comment is WOW.

I am not sure what you consider "over use" of the guard and reserve but I don't think anywhere in my contract it says anything about the limits of my deployments. . . I am pretty sure when I signed up to be a "weekend warrior" somewhere it says I can be called to active duty at anytime for any reason for any amount of time. . .

Ok, I know it has been awhile. I have been quite busy as of late, lost two of my guys (they are still living, just wounded) one will come back after recouperating in the states and the other will no longer be serving due to the extent of his injuries. Deployed here with under 75% in my section and with the loss of the two, I had to pick up the slack, until replacements came in. We have been quite busy here lately, doing a great job of keeping it quiet so far. Ramadan is coming soon and is expected to get a little busier than usual, there will be alot of missinformed wanna be martyr's running around doing mean things and slowing up the process here. I've gotten a few care packages from some of you and have spread it out amongst my soldiers. I have a few things I would like to post but am waiting on approval from our secrete squirell bunch to say it is ok to do so. I will tell you that we have Al Q on the run here and will run them back to what ever rock they crawled out from.

Here we are getting ready to go on a hunt

Attachments

• 100_04702.JPG
    100_04702.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 90
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom