Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gill, yes I got your package and have the sign your daughter did hanging on our Aid Station wall. My men thank all of you for the support and the packages that you all have given us. Tomorrow I will be saying good bye to another friend of mine that I have known for awhile. Now we have to worry about the new RPG that has come here via Iran. It's like a shoulder fired EFP, cuts through the armor on our trucks like a hot knife through butter. I know when I get back I am taking a long vacation and going diving to get things back into perspective. I do know that transition to a BP and wings will not bother me as much, with all the weight of the body armor it should not be an issue carrying it all around. We should be opening a hospital in our AO here, sometime in the future.

Glad you got it. Just let us know what you need, and what you would like that we can send.

Pete

Joe,

It has been a while since I have been on here and a lot has gone on since our meal together at the Ft. Campbell Burger King. I'm no longer in the army but still support the men and women in uniform! JC (you should know who I'm talking about) has asked me to help him with a national program to help soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan obtain scuba certifications. I'll let you know how that progresses so if any of your wounded comrades are interested, let me know. I'm looking forward to diving with you when you come home. Good luck and God's speed to you and your troops.

Blane

Hey Blane,
Let me know if I can help with you and JC's plans.

Joe glad to hear from you. Keep us posted when you can, and let me know what's on your wish list.

the new RPG that has come here via Iran. It's like a shoulder fired EFP, cuts through the armor on our trucks like a hot knife through butter.

gives me a few bad thoughts. Glad you are okay. Hope the women got my box of hair conditioner. HEY---that was a LOT of hair conditioner. You can shave your legs with it too. if you ever wanted to...just so ya know.

At least you probably have some combat medals, look at the bright side.
sorry, my humor is off these days. At least you will have more to talk about than what the Pizza Hut was like behind the wire.

The Army has is rough, those long deployments. Hold it on the road.

Any new news Joe?

darn...

well, let us hope it's all good

Back
Top Bottom