Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nada, hopefully Joe and the men and women in his unit are all ok.

Happy BD Keeper of our Freedom!!!!!!!!!!

I sent a note to ScubaPolly to see if she knew anything. Haven't heard back from her. They sometimes kept in touch through email.

Hey all, it's been a rough 6 months (I think it's been that long), we have been extremely busy in our area of operations. So far, we have rebuilt and opened 4 schools, 15 health clinics and one hospital. Things have changed since we've been here since last Feb, a dramatic change has occured. I am sure glad with only 60 days left, I finally can get something real to eat. Sorry I have neglected popping in like I used to do, internet is hard to get around here at times. Soon, I will be diving again but, I need to do my familiarization dives again. Sucks being out of water for such a long time. The price we have paid to bring happiness to the children in our sector has been 16 losses. I have a new assignment waiting as soon as I get back at Ft. Rucker, Alabama (have to brush up on my southern twang..joke), going to be an instructor at the SERE school there for 3 years then I hang up my boots for good and take up something less demanding. The total cost for me this trip, I lost one of my guys (he is still living but lost his right eye and some nerve damage to his right side). It had to be one of the worst feelings I ever had, at least we have cleared out all the big bad guys and now are just working on the thugs that live around here. Hopefully, when we leave and other units follow in our footsteps things get even better. I can at least say that those of us that started this thing and those who follow behind us have been a part of history some bright and some dark. The care packages have been great, the guys and gals loved the stuff that was sent and greatly appreciated them. Well it is late and I have a mission in the morning on the road hopefully, nobody got froggy and put those nasty EFP's in our route. I will try and get some more things on here for you all to read. One thing I have learned that these people here only recognize brute force or who the bigger guy on the block is.

Squalus

Hey all, it's been a rough 6 months (I think it's been that long), we have been extremely busy in our area of operations. So far, we have rebuilt and opened 4 schools, 15 health clinics and one hospital. Things have changed since we've been here since last Feb, a dramatic change has occured.

Fantastic! Thank you so much. The Iraqi people are thanking you, I hear that from them

Thinking of you all. The Army has such long deployments, my heart hurts for you.

The Marines just had the longest period ever without a fatality until yesterday, in al Anbar.

instructor at the SERE school there for 3 years then I hang up my boots for good and take up something less demanding.
That should be a non-deploying billet, yes?

keep your eyes peeled, Squlaus. I hope you guys got some of the MRAPS, at least.

Happy to hear that you are still safe

hey there, joe! i haven't kept in touch (had a baby & been crazy busy) but i swear i've thought of you often. polly's gonna be sending you a box with some stuff from me!

glad you're ok. we were a bit on edge with this slow communication time period. :wink:

Hey all, it's been a rough 6 months (I think it's been that long), we have been extremely busy in our area of operations. So far, we have rebuilt and opened 4 schools, 15 health clinics and one hospital. Things have changed since we've been here since last Feb, a dramatic change has occured. I am sure glad with only 60 days left, I finally can get something real to eat. Sorry I have neglected popping in like I used to do, internet is hard to get around here at times. Soon, I will be diving again but, I need to do my familiarization dives again. Sucks being out of water for such a long time. The price we have paid to bring happiness to the children in our sector has been 16 losses. I have a new assignment waiting as soon as I get back at Ft. Rucker, Alabama (have to brush up on my southern twang..joke), going to be an instructor at the SERE school there for 3 years then I hang up my boots for good and take up something less demanding. The total cost for me this trip, I lost one of my guys (he is still living but lost his right eye and some nerve damage to his right side). It had to be one of the worst feelings I ever had, at least we have cleared out all the big bad guys and now are just working on the thugs that live around here. Hopefully, when we leave and other units follow in our footsteps things get even better. I can at least say that those of us that started this thing and those who follow behind us have been a part of history some bright and some dark. The care packages have been great, the guys and gals loved the stuff that was sent and greatly appreciated them. Well it is late and I have a mission in the morning on the road hopefully, nobody got froggy and put those nasty EFP's in our route. I will try and get some more things on here for you all to read. One thing I have learned that these people here only recognize brute force or who the bigger guy on the block is.

Squalus

:jump: it is so so so good to hear from you. Gosh I think I am a little chocked up. We've really been missing you here.

It is incredible what you guys have accomplished. Much love.

-Missd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom