Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe
Glad to hear from you. If you want someone to dive with come up to cleveland and we can finish up your calss. but most of all thanks for all your sacrifice and hard work keep up the good work and i hope you and all friends come safe.
Mike

Mike,
I still need to get the rest of my equipment....I will talk to you about that send me your email.

Joe, a lobster trip sounds great! I've been wanting to get back to the keys and dive for bugs as my refrigerator is devoid of any at the moment.

UPDATE:
I just wanted to share with everyone that I was able to chat with Joe for a little bit tonight (it was morning for him over there). He is doing well and is looking forward to getting back home and in the water again. He also has somewhat better internet access now so he should be able to keep us updated on a more frequent basis than in the past. His unit has in the neighborhood of 2 months left over there so please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Just remember that he can not give out specific dates and times he will be coming home because Operational Security protocols prevent him from doing so.

So far, the weather is warming up and Al Sadr is keeping his cease fire in effect (which is a good thing). Not much is going on still working on projects before we leave and giving redeployment briefings (oh joy death by power point). I should be quite proficient in using microsoft excel, word and power point by now. I think at this point of things all we do is look foreward of being in Kuwait getting ready to get on that plane heading for home. The great news is that I am heading to Alabama in September for my final go around in the Army.

So far, the weather is warming up and Al Sadr is keeping his cease fire in effect (which is a good thing). Not much is going on still working on projects before we leave and giving redeployment briefings (oh joy death by power point). I should be quite proficient in using microsoft excel, word and power point by now. I think at this point of things all we do is look foreward of being in Kuwait getting ready to get on that plane heading for home. The great news is that I am heading to Alabama in September for my final go around in the Army.

If they (Big Army) only knew how painfully that "your gettting ready to go home Suicide breif" was they stop doing it. I remember getting ready to leave Afghan setting there listing all the signs (lost g/f, spent large amount of money, bought firearms) thinkimg, huh must be something wrong with. They keep telling me I should want to kill myself but i dont, HELL IM GOING HOME! LOL

anyway if you find yourself in KY anytime and want to throw back a couple cold ones let me know.

Hagan, might take you up on that email me your AKO seeing it is easier to check than my civ email. Thank god for understanding brothers, mine took all my gear to the local shop and had my servicing done, tanks checked and tested, and my dry suit inspected. I might however, need a new wet suit. Seems going to the gym and working out on my down time to pass the time has made me a bit bigger. Hopefully, with all the running I have been doing will keep me from being an airhog....LOL.
Mike,
I think I can handle doubles now. With all this gear we wear on a day to day basis has really got me in shape for the doubles.

You're always welcome to come dive with me, I'd be more than happy to give you a refresher!

I've got a set of double 100's now, if little old me can schlep them around AND pick them up off the ground when they're full you'll do just fine with a set of your own and you can carry mine too :wink:

Great to have you back on the board! Stay safe out there!
Ber :lilbunny:

Joe with all the gear you guys have to carry I would hope you can handle boubles. when you come home we can do some work up dive then we can go out east and dive some wrecks. Be safe
Mike:D

Hmmm when you mention diving in the East, I was hoping you meant Tobermorey. Sounds good to me, I agree need to work myself up again.

Joe
We cold do toby. again but I was thanking about the east end of lake erie or up to thousand islands.we will see good wrecks at both see ya when you get your butt home safe.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom