Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good to me, how is wojo doing? Today was my first time trying the local delicacy not bad so far........just hope that it doesn't hit me later.

Joe
Woejo is fine talked to him the other day. I heard cammel is good but I wouldnt go to far from the head:D
Mike

Camel isn't that bad. Another local delicacy in Baghdad is cooked sheep heart. That one takes a little more to stomach but it tastes a lot like liver.

I don't do liver, no matter what. That has to be the most foul tasting stuff I have ever had growing up along with brussel sprouts. I was up most of the night, stomach was acting up. Thank god for pepto tablets. :)

Hey Joe, glad to hear all is going well and you'll be home soon. Can you either post your address or send me an e-mail. As Marci mentioned I have some stuff from her and some more stuff from em to send. If you are going to be anywhere around NC, let me know and I can do some dives with you. Also hoping to be able to hit they keys with you and the "bookends" (just kidding guys).

I think Bob and I are going to be doing 1000 Islands this summer. One of the women I work with has a house on Rock Island. She isn't a diver, so if you have any info on the diving up that way, I'd appreciate it!

Polly, how have you been? Wasn't the same without you chiming in to say hello. So, whats new? Nothing much here, just countin the days.

I currently subscribe to Centron News which is also actual news of events that occur in Afghanistan and Iraq from personnel within the military ranks. It is news with truth unlike that which the media provides after bending or failing to report anything that doesn't suit their left wing agenda.

As a veteran myself, I'd much prefer to hear the truth than to support a newspaper by spending my hard earned cash on hype and lies.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and walk up to my true heros such as yourself who have tasted the soils and kneeled in the blood of their comrades in arms to hear first hand the real deal.

Feed me your own news and by all means do not be specific to time or place. I do not want you to jeopardize your operations so old news is always better news (like the SEAL motto, 'yesterday was a good day'). It means you got through it and that's what I like to hear.

I'm proud of you guys/gals for all you do to protect those who have no idea what freedom tastes like. It's people like us who have fought for it that can appreciate it.

God Bless you all. Keep alert, stay the course... win.

Hey Squalus... have you ever been out off the coast of Morehead City in NC? Some great vis and the sharks are even tolerant (just don't try to touch them). I don't know where you hail from but it's no big thing (not like you don't know how to pack your gear or anything).

Anyway... most of my diving is in and around the wrecks off the New Jersey Coast (about the same vis you have there in Baghdad... zip)... you get used to it - sometimes I swear I have eyes on my fingertips... damned gloves.

I enjoy reading your clips... your spirits are good.

Can't say I have done a dive there but, have been with babyduck diving somewhere around the south.....been such a long time. I need water, water...

To let everyone know, I did try to get into contact with my two boys this Christmas, sent a card to let them know that I have been thinking of them. The spawn of Satan sent it back with a nice note. All is well, one day at a time for that part of my life. Things here have been eerie quiet seems nobody wants to play with us anymore. I guess I will take my play things and go home. Go home to the USA of course, the weeks are flying by, I am not counting days (seems to make things go slower.....go figure). I think daily, soon I will be in a nice bed. Have hot water for long showers, able to pick what I want to eat (want a diet eat some T-Rations). I am so craving an extra large pizza with everything on it, minus anchovies and pineapple. I think I will get two when I get home, probably get sick but hey I deserve it.

Have hot water for long showers, able to pick what I want to eat (want a diet eat some T-Rations). I am so craving an extra large pizza with everything on it, minus anchovies and pineapple. I think I will get two when I get home, probably get sick but hey I deserve it.

LOL Becarefull i think i Gained 30lbs in that 1st month home. makeing up for all the "good" stuff i hadnt had. :shakehead: Then it was loss the 30lbs, the next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom