I singed up for an U/W videography course. Now I have to choose housing, lights, etc. Tell me what you like and don't like.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A thought on video lighting for anyone shooting a wide-angle action camera: be realistic about your shooting distances when choosing lights. If your camera isn't going to provide much detail for subjects beyond 5-6 feet (or maybe less), there's not much point to buying higher-powered lights that project farther, unless you're planning to upgrade to a different camera later. Smaller lights matched to realistic shooting distances keep the rig more manageable and affordable too. If you do upgrade, a quality light like a Fix NEO SWR that's reasonable for action cam distances can be used as a focus light later.

Lance

The bigger UW camera stores rent complete camera rigs. That might be a good alternative to pre-course purchases.

As others have said. Light is the key!

Attachments

• P1002828-Enhanced-NR-2.jpeg
    P1002828-Enhanced-NR-2.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 17
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom