Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's just so darned good to be back up ...

gotta love it

btw, there are continuing operations in his area, so ... i don't expect we'll be hearing from him due to security / access to the net issues

Gilldiver:
It has been a few weeks since I sent a box off. Anyone know how long it should take to get to the units?

OK I am here in Baghdad north of Squalus I just wanted to update the times. . . I have recieved boxes from the east coast in as little as 4 days, Utah I think it took almost a week and a half. . .

BTW Not sure why but letters seem to take there time getting here. . .

Anyway, Squalus I am in placed at VBC . . . lemme know if you need anything from here . . .I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my to be brother in law he is in MND-W. . .

Just please feel free to post anything you need or want that we can send you. And keep safe, all our guys and gals....

jhbryaniv:
OK I am here in Baghdad north of Squalus I just wanted to update the times. . . I have recieved boxes from the east coast in as little as 4 days, Utah I think it took almost a week and a half. . .

BTW Not sure why but letters seem to take there time getting here. . .

Anyway, Squalus I am in placed at VBC . . . lemme know if you need anything from here . . .I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my to be brother in law he is in MND-W. . .
and boxes from Aussie land taks FIVE bloody weeks airmail! :D

"lemme know if you need anything".... soooo - what can you get me over there???

Just got an e-mail from Joe, thought I'd pass it along.

Joe:
We're doing fine right now. Has been a real tough couple of months as of late. Lot of bad things that prevent us from getting on the internet here. Care packages have been a great boost. Still doing great things here in winning hearts and minds of the locals who don't want us here.

Thanks Polly!
Ber :lilbunny:

almitywife:

HMM there are some cool turkish shops here. . . .

5 WEEKS!!! DANG you guys must move via freaking snail :D

jhbryaniv:
.....5 WEEKS!!! DANG you guys must move via freaking snail :D
pssst - its not us guys that take 5 weeks - its out of australia in 2 days :D

and thanks Polly for the update....... it makes a little bit of what they guys and girls over there are going thru!

almitywife:

My guess is extra scrutiny is put on foreign mail traveling to APO addresses. They probably spend 3 weeks of that ship time in a blast proof box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom