Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I have to get out the door. I will save two boxes and fill them next week. Squalus, there is about 6 different kinds of garlic coming your way. Some hot sauces, malt vinegar (british style) and other things, one whole box of seasoning. I have also sent some books on cd, videos, and regular books. Going to pick up some sweets for the kids as well as some healthy snacks for you.

catherine96821:
you are a nice person.

Thanks Catherine. I try.

So he is going to open some strange packages (4 total sent). I stuffed tampons in all the little spaces :rofl3:, bags of tea (idea I got from you), healthy and not so healthy snacks, hard candy for the kids (lollipops and sweet tarts), along with all the other stuff I said. I hope I packed the spice box well enough. I put lots of bubble wrap in because some of the spices were in glass while others were in plastic. Fingers crossed on that one.

Johnny is going to get some more cd's together, and I have a few more things I want to send, so essentially we already have another box ready.

I brought customs forms home this time :) Some nice girl at the grocery store asked me what I was doing. I told her, after which she asked for Squalus' address, which I had handy as I had printed a bunch of labels, so hopefully she sends stuff too :multi:

We sent a few small things and more to come. This is a good thread.
If SFC Joseph Powers, "Squalus" keeps us up to date on what his folks need/want we can all make a little difference. No politics, just support for those serving in our name. Thank you for your generous contributions.

It has been a few weeks since I sent a box off. Anyone know how long it should take to get to the units?

About 20 days to Anbar, but I think it depends on how often your unit gets mail from a large distribution center like Al Asad... I have sent maybe 50 packages between last year and this year, and they have all made it, intact, with nothing broken, FWIW. And they have gone to places like Haditha, Fallujah which is tougher route than if they are going to a major FOB. It is about 115 F there now, so keep that in mind though.

My stuff should be OK except for some chap sticks. I figure they might be good for some with the hot dry, not to mention sun burn season starting.

I also found some prepackaged lens wipes at Cosco, I know my glasses get real bad quickly in the high heat and most of the troops have the built in impact sun glasses:crafty: , so they may be appricated.

Pete

Oh something else JB says is like "gold" over there. That canned air used to clean computers and stuff...I think they clean their weapons with it too. I bought a four pack at Costco. He says the dust and the sandstorms really wreak havoc with the electronics and the weapons.

yea, Pete, that was a good thought. They do all wear the ballistic glasses.

what happened to the posts on this thread from the last month????

Anyone heard from Joe? I sent him a couple e-mails but haven't heard back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom