Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
haven't you guys read the news?

the Pentagon has prohibitted soldiers from using blogs or bulletin boards while on-theater without prior approval from their immediate superior and a security officer, who review the proposed entry

it's probably taking a lot longer than expected to get things cleared

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070502/ts_nm/usa_army_blogs_dc
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Thalassamania:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You obviously didn't read the fine print:
These words do not apply to the men and women risking their lives to defend them.

Divin'Hoosier:
You obviously didn't read the fine print:
These words do not apply to the men and women risking their lives to defend them.

Actually, your quite right. Those in the armed forces are NOT protected by the constitution. They fall under the Uniform Military Code of Justice. Just one more thing those brave enough to serve and protect us agree to.

FYI I got an e-mail from Joe. He is fine, but his unit has taken some more hits. He is doing okay. Hopefully will pop by some time soon.

Ok, I am back and in one piece. (sigh of relief) However, we have had a few deaths here as of late. They shut down everything that deals with the internet so that the family is notified properly. Things have been interesting here for a bit, we have captured an AQ sniper, responsible for executing a 4yo girl right next to her father in the back seat to keep him quiet amongst other things. Our sister unit has captured an Iranian that has been real sneaky getting in and out of Iraq (not any longer). To date we have taken tons of explossives and weapons from these guys. There seems to be a never ending supply for them, if only Iraq would close it's border to Iran we might be able to wrap this up quicker.
The internet blogging thing was due to certain sites taking up band width on military servers (that is the story we are told). Blogging is ok as long as, you ok it with your security section there should be no harm no foul. Seeing there are alternative ways to post or blogg that are not mandated by the military. I am resourceful at times......
Special thanks to Polly and GillDiver, got your packages yesterday. GLWC thank you so much for the melted bottle brought back good memmories and great times. Will have more to write soon.......

If I may ask....can I get somebody to send me some spices like Garlic and what not. The food here sucks and I need something to give the same thing we had the other day a better or different taste to it.

yah man .... i'll get my wife to come up with a spice set for you guys

Penzey's has the BEST spices.

I need to order anyway, I'll get some extra stuff.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ok, back yet again we have taken losses around us. Seems at this rate we will forever be in commo blackout. If I was a gun collector, right now I would be a very happy owner of some WWII rifles both from GB and Germany in great working condition. To bad that they are slated to be destroyed soon by the torch. We are making some of a difference, we just opened a grade school in our area and currently working on the plumbing problems around here. The AQI guys tried to stop the opening of the school however, the IA (Iraqi Army) finally stood up and had enough and had a short gunfight and the AQI fled. What we have here is almost like Vietnam there are no lines just a circular fight all the time. These guys are cowards and will not go toe to toe with us.

Always glad to hear a report from you Joe, no matter what it might be. Best luck and safe return to you and your fellow soliders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom