Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, it has been awhile since I have posted any photo's on here.

Watch the news in a few weeks there should be something on about where I am at and what we are doing. Right now things are kinda of quiet, the type that makes you wonder what they are doing out there. Sporadic at times, but nothing really full blown fire fights.

some mystery gas might be out there

take good care

Joe,

We had a melt down in your honor over the weekend. Meet & Greet wasn't the same without you.

Be safe.

Carepackage numero uno, is packed and ready to go, will stop by the postoffice tonight so should be on its way to you soon. I decided to split up the shipments as to not overwhelm you all at once.

The GLWC really came through on the donations.

Not to ruin the surprise but we collected TONS of books. luckily a couple of people donated some $$$ to help me out with the postage.

How many troops are in your group/ do you have access too. Also, are their any females in the area? I'll try to "pace" the packages accordingly.

:wave-smil

Polly, just in case he isn't on here for a bit, it was said female was stuff was needed big time :)

Squalus, I have been getting ready for a garage sale that I am having. Anywho, I have a pile going for you. Books, cd's, movies, etc. :D

I made it through half

very good.

JB /and guys hit an IED today and rolled a Hum -V. One guy was flown out with c-7 fracture as he was ejected. I asked him if they wear seat belts, but he says they are supposed to, but they are all afraid of burning, so they don't. I guess if you roll over, you are supposed to pull the gun turet guy down in on your way over, they did so he did not lose his head. The guy who went to Germany will be okay, so I told JB "oh too bad it wasn't you" (he gets to come home)

This is a river of molten metal from a burning hum-V. Your humor gets very twisted with the stress of this. Last night, I had not heard from him and knew something had happened, so I drank a beer and took a Benadryl just to put myself out of my misery of wondering.

(I thought this was for John, in the other thread...)
Keep your eyes peeled on the road, and learn what to look for.--Little piles of rubble, etc. I am sure you have been told, but develop an eye for disturbed pavement. JB says complacency is enemy number one. What a wierd war. Oh...I thought I posted this in the "goodbye thread" Oh well, you take care too. Sounds like you are in a hot spot.

DSC02707.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom