Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will post pics as soon as I can see the S2 and get them ok'd, don't want sensitive information out on the street.

El Orans:
How about "Shi‘ite"?

where???

Hope this finds you and your boys & girls safe today. I think you are correct about getting hotter before it get cooler. We are behind what you do.

Today, or should I say at 0 dark thirty our peaceful slumber was disturbed by a message saying we had to put on all our gear and stay that way for about 24-48hrs due to the imminate danger we are in. Now, let me tell you there is nothing worse or anybody you want to face more peeved than a soldier who has had thier much needed rest disturbed. Sorta like telling a caffiene addict they can't have thier normal fix of coffee for the day. My guys are doing fine, some are homesickand can't wait till they can go home on R&R to see thier babies they had left when we deployed. I am working on getting a digital camera so they can send videos home to thier kids and family plus, it helps me to document the daily goings on around here.
We caught a marksman the other day after putting a few holes in him, then went to the local hospital where he tried to hide and detained him. He currently is in a very secure place, when one of his pals came to visit we detained him as well seeing he is on the top ten list as well.
I had the pleasure of guarding four guys the other night, that is why I was not able to update you. One short guy kept crying, can't help that when you do bad things and we take you off the street you get what you deserve (none of these 4 were maltreated, we like to keep them from being let off for maltreatment). Seems, they like going around and snuffing out people who don't see it thier way. Hopefully, they will go to court be tried and convicted and hung. Yes, the Iraqi judicial system here is kinda interesting, if found guilty for crimes against the government you will be hung the same day. Anyway, I gots to get going have alot of things to do today. Have safe dives for those diving today and the rest who are not; have a nice peachy day.

Cheddarchick:
Do you care if I make copies of my CD's or do they have to be originals....I mean is the GOV watching and going to come and get me if I burnt extras....

i may not be from the US, but i have an idea...why dont you people try and start an initative and ask some ppl in the music industry to contribute some music CDs over to troops in iraq? I bet they(music industry) have whole warehouses full of them.

God bless the all troops serving over there
Cheers
DL88

Hangings....I think I prefer the guillotine :kopfab: :sprint: Eh, either way, kudos to you :yelclap: and your now grumpy gear-wearing-guys. :D

Squalus, thanks to you, I did five dives in three days :D I took some pics, if you care for a link to them, let me know. It is just a link to another thread here on the board. Be forewarned, they are nothing brilliant, like Catherine's, they make me happy though :)

Your welcome, sure send me the link.
Three more bad guys off the street as of last night (one responsible for the death of one of my buddies, glad we got him and he will face the court system here), hopefully we can clean this place up and make a nice place to live.

Back
Top Bottom