Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

let's hope he is not part of the "catch and release" program.

that is what I can't get over. politics is depressing..

Did you get extended?

Missdirected:
Squalus, thanks to you, I did five dives in three days :D I took some pics, if you care for a link to them, let me know.

You do like to rub it in! :wink: Five dives in three days?! I'm jealous, and I bet they weren't in a dingy quarry either. :D

J, thanks for keeping us updated. It is good to hear that you're okay.

Do you have time, or even want, to do any sketching while you're over there? That is something we could send you. Art supplies.

Catherine,
Nope, he's not on the catch and release program. Too much evidence to keep him from getting out of his crimes.
Our unit did get extended, we kinda new it was going to happen just waited till the official word. We all accepted the news, not with joy but with a renewed determination to get this job done so maybe we can end this over here. Are we happy? No but, we realize the job needs to be completed to the end.

Mel,
Funny you should ask. Yes, I do get some time to keep my sanity so, yes I have been sketching and have done a mural here for our fallen comrades. Running low on brushes, acrylic paints and cleaning supplies. I can post them as soon as I work on making the size smaller so I can post it.

Today, nothing really major happening. Typical sand storm followed by rain kinda cooled down the 100+ weather we have had in the past week. I tend to think of these guys like fair weather divers (don't get mad). When it is nice outside(like warm water divers only dive when it is nice) they seem to want to come out and fight. When the weather is crappy (warm water divers won't dive in the cold) they stay indoors and not cause a fuss. However, the U.S. MIlitary is like the cold water divers. We don't care how cold it is or how bad the suck factor is, we are going to go and have fun and enjoy it.

One last note, I don't know if you have been watching the latest about here. It seems one LTC was arressted for some really bad things that he had done. I hope deep down that it is not brushed under the rug. I am going to watch this closely to see what happens.

Ok do you have a list of the art supplies you can use? No sense in sending stuff you don't like...

Squalus:
Your welcome, sure send me the link.
Three more bad guys off the street as of last night (one responsible for the death of one of my buddies, glad we got him and he will face the court system here), hopefully we can clean this place up and make a nice place to live.

:wave-smil

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2876799&postcount=23

Suthnbelle - yes it was nice water. Come here honey :pftroest:

Squalus:
One last note, I don't know if you have been watching the latest about here. It seems one LTC was arressted for some really bad things that he had done. I hope deep down that it is not brushed under the rug. I am going to watch this closely to see what happens.

Is this the one regarding letting detainees use a cell phone and he had relations with a detainee's daughter? I was wondering how many times did he let detainee(s) use a phone? Was it once or a few times?

Cheddar,
Anything is fine by me. I use all sorts of materials.

Bel,
Yes, that is the one. They are not releasing much on it yet, I guess due to the trial that he is going to face. When they are done it will all come out in the wash.

Well, I am signing out now. Heading out to do some night patroling with our scouts. Hopefully it will be a quiet night.

me.JPG

PSG_PL.JPG

camels.JPG

I hope these come out

Back
Top Bottom