Updated SCUBA tank specifications list -- in PDF and spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Asashi cylinders were only imported by Genesis for a few years in the late 1980s and early 1990s. All pre-internet so I doubt you will find anything digital about their specifications. They were pretty heavy as I recall, in particular the bases were thicker than the comparable 3,500psi PSTs. Asashi cylinders had 7/8" necks and I am not sure their exemption is even valid anymore.
I have a 3500psi Genesis 120cf tank with the skinny neck threads that was born in 2001. It is stamped with "spun" & "Japan". It's most recent hydro date is 2019. The test pressure is stamped into the tank. Apparently, it was possible to get a hydro done on them in 2019. I will likely retest the issue in about 4 years.

The Genesis 120 is the second most negatively buoyant tank I own. The only one more negative in my collection is a 3180psi Faber 108. My 3500psi Genesis 120 is slightly more negative than a 3442psi Faber 120. I am still looking for factory specs on the 3180psi Faber 108.

I have a 3500psi Genesis 120cf tank with the skinny neck threads that was born in 2001. It is stamped with "spun" & "Japan". It's most recent hydro date is 2019. The test pressure is stamped into the tank. Apparently, it was possible to get a hydro done on them in 2019. I will likely retest the issue in about 4 years.

The Genesis 120 is the second most negatively buoyant tank I own. The only one more negative in my collection is a 3180psi Faber 108. My 3500psi Genesis 120 is slightly more negative than a 3442psi Faber 120. I am still looking for factory specs on the 3180psi Faber 108.
Oh they are still legal to use and hydro :)

Just haven't been made in eons, with a born date of 2001 you must have one of the last batches imported. I have never seen one that "young"

Before Faber changed their tank spec website, it was easier to search.
I have four steel Faber 76 (REE 63). Confirmation from Bud Allen from Blue Steel.
The specifications from the Faber website were:

Thank you for the more-official information! I can't quite read the information in the catalog photo -- it's too small. Unfortunately, it is missing a vital item: water capacity. I'd take a catalog page like that if it's all we can get (see OMS tanks earlier), but it has to have the water capacity.

From the Faber site. Matches all the markings on my tank and the data confirmed by Blue Steel.

Attachments

• Faber 76cf 11.96L.png
    Faber 76cf 11.96L.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 219
.. recoup some of my wasted day! :)
I know I'm bumping an old thread, But I actually used it for planning a dive where I'm both switching tanks and switching from my regular salt to a fresh water dive this weekend.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to compile it because I used it tonite !!

Happy someone else got value from it.

And if anyone digs up some more actual manufacturers’ specs, I’m here.

I’ve got a weird one for you guys. It’s a 244 bar/3180psi service pressure 7.32” diameter x 25” tall tank that was made by Faber & appears to be a 108cf. My bathroom scale says that it weighs 43.5 pounds when empty with the valve on.

I can’t find this thing listed in any spec sheet from Huron, Scuba Doctor, Channel Island, or here. I see 108s listed that are 2,400psi & 2,640psi, but not 3180.

Actual tank markings are as follows:

Faber Made In Italy M8303 04/1986/ 108 90A04+

TC3AAM-244/DOT3AA 3180 REE 64

Also, a couple of newer hydro dates from a well known local hydro shop

Does anybody have any experience with this tank? Does anyone know the buoyancy properties?

Thanks

Sounds like an MP100. DOT version of a HP100. Heavy as hell.

I’ve got a weird one for you guys. It’s a 244 bar/3180psi service pressure 7.32” diameter x 25” tall tank that was made by Faber & appears to be a 108cf. My bathroom scale says that it weighs 43.5 pounds when empty with the valve on.

I can’t find this thing listed in any spec sheet from Huron, Scuba Doctor, Channel Island, or here. I see 108s listed that are 2,400psi & 2,640psi, but not 3180.

Actual tank markings are as follows:

Faber Made In Italy M8303 04/1986/ 108 90A04+

TC3AAM-244/DOT3AA 3180 REE 64

Also, a couple of newer hydro dates from a well known local hydro shop

Does anybody have any experience with this tank? Does anyone know the buoyancy properties?

Thanks
That is a Faber M100DVB. Its show in the table but with the 3180+ final pressure of 3,498psi

Thanks for taking the time!

Was looking at the spreadsheet for the Luxfer Super 80 (S808?) Didn't see that. Or, am I missing it somehow?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom