Updated SCUBA tank specifications list -- in PDF and spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Mike1967 Well "buoyancy" can be negative (sinking), neutral or positive (floating). The difference in buoyancy between full and empty is equal to the weight of the gas in the tank. The amount of lift (weight of displaced water) does not change since the outer volume of the tank remains constant.

But maybe you want to explain your point with an example so I understand what you mean.

I’ve got a weird one for you guys. It’s a 244 bar/3180psi service pressure 7.32” diameter x 25” tall tank that was made by Faber & appears to be a 108cf. My bathroom scale says that it weighs 43.5 pounds when empty with the valve on.

I can’t find this thing listed in any spec sheet from Huron, Scuba Doctor, Channel Island, or here. I see 108s listed that are 2,400psi & 2,640psi, but not 3180.

Actual tank markings are as follows:

Faber Made In Italy M8303 04/1986/ 108 90A04+

TC3AAM-244/DOT3AA 3180 REE 64

Also, a couple of newer hydro dates from a well known local hydro shop

Does anybody have any experience with this tank? Does anyone know the buoyancy properties?

Thanks

Thank You

Missing One...
Code:
Tank Name             Svc Pres  Capacity        Diameter           Empty Wt         Buoy Full
                                       Vol (L)          Length             Buoy Empty                                                                                               
      STEEL                                                                    
Faber L130DVB         2640      130       19     8.02

Before Faber changed their tank spec website, it was easier to search.
I have four steel Faber 76 (REE 63). Confirmation from Bud Allen from Blue Steel.
The specifications from the Faber website were:

Data from Faber
Air capacity (ci): 730 cu.in.
Diameter: 6.76 inches
Service pressure: 2400 psi + 10%
Empty weight (w/o valve): 29.3 lbs.

DOT 3AA / TC3AAM
DOT 3AA: W.P.2640 PSI (INCLUDING 10% OVERFILLING)
TC3AAM,W.P. 184 BAR

Data from catalog
Air capacity: 75.8 cf
Bouyancy empty: (valve in) -1.7 lbs
Bouyancy full: (valve in) -6.5 lbs

Attachments

• fabers.jpg
    fabers.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 179

Back
Top Bottom