underwater tape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's going to be applied above water then taken underwater Plain old duct tape works fine.

Milo

I have colorcodes our SPG hoses with a 2 inch spiral wrap of Scotch 33 electrical tape and it's hanging tough at 200 dives. It did become a little translucent but it's still red and blue for hers and his.

Pete

Polykem is what we use on umbilicals, it sticks to itself when applied underwater.

I would assume that it , (Polykem), can have even a better bond if applied in air?
Anyone else have praise for this stuff?
Get quite abit more in a roll, than what I found and only a couple bucks more, deffinately an obtion.

Polykem is what we use on umbilicals, it sticks to itself when applied underwater.

I would assume that it , (Polykem), can have even a better bond if applied in air?
Anyone else have praise for this stuff?
Get quite abit more in a roll, than what I found and only a couple bucks more, deffinately an obtion.

I work with USN Divers. White Polyken is used on everything, wet and dry. It has good stickiness yet doesn't leave residue when removed. You can write on it in and out of the water.

electricians phase tape

I work with USN Divers. White Polyken is used on everything, wet and dry. It has good stickiness yet doesn't leave residue when removed. You can write on it in and out of the water.
Polyken makes a lot of different tapes including duct, gaffer, sealing, etc. A product number would be helpful. e.g. 827 or 512 or ...

---------- Post added July 31st, 2015 at 07:15 AM ----------

what are you trying to do?
That's the key question.
The OP is unlikley to answer since he hasn't been on ScubaBoard in 8 years. But it's a valid question for the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom