O2 safe Teflon tape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was advised my the PO to use O2 safe Teflon tape to seal a H2O monitoring sight port that sits between the filter stack and back pressure valve
Which if this blown 0-ring is on the visual indicator you need to take extra care
1. I think you will find that your indicator is 1/4 NPT taper on both sides inlet and outlet
If so they need NPT taper fittings and PTFE tape

2. If the burst 0-ring is on the top cap to body on the indicator then a 90 shore AS 019 Viton from memory

3. The only other 0-ring used on a visual indicator is to seal the view port.

Now I'm also aware that the Black Hard anodised viewports are available in NPT or in addition 9/16 UNF 0-ring sealed one or both ends and if this is the case then you have the wrong fitting attached to it.

Again when others dick about with properly engineered products they have no idea that 9/16 UNF only describes the thread. In addition the term BOSS fitting needs to be added to ensure a correct assembly O-rings don't just blow out of critical pressure components.

There is a great difference between a cheap plumbers 9/16 fitting and a proper high pressure 9/16 connection. The problem being the ignorance in the detail. Iain

I padded my last order with a roll to hit the free shipping level.

Will be dedicated for my compressor/filter work.

second hand old Bauers

Ha ha ha sounds like me but I don't think I really use tape

View attachment 804164

Ha ha ha anyone tell me which anaerobic sealant I should use with O2 ha ah ha ha ha

Although one of em ain't old

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom