Underwater case for glasses - shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalpert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to Bonaire and will be shore diving. Since I don't wnat my prescription sunglasses taken while I'm down I am looking for a good case to carry them with me when I dive.

Anybody have good experience with Otter boxes or Witz Wrapper for their glasses?

I haven't seen anything like it. I use a low profile pelican case that is padded on the inside, but I haven't tried it underwater. Maybe you could use one of those generic cases for point and shoot cameras that is supposed to be for many camera. I've seen them relavely cheap. I did see some of those disposable camera's with a waterproof housing while I was in the Flora Keys for 20 bucks. That may work

Kirk

Kirk

Do you have an old pair thats not too fragile? If so just put them in a BC pocket and leave the good ones in your room. I have done that many times, its more comfortable then wearing a prescription mask back to your car. Or trying to pull a hood on over a good pair of glasses and wonder how they got bent.

Just use any hard sided case for crush protection and forget about it being waterproof. Sweat is saltwater and glasses are designed to handle sweat so it's not big deal that they get wet. Just carry a jug (empty 2L drink bottle) full of water, throw it on the dash while you are diving and use it to rince them (and your face....that warm water feels sooooo good :) ) when you get out.

I've used a Witz case (not the glasses wrapper but thinner) for at least 7 years now - same one. It's always stayed dry. I probably haven't lubed the o-ring in at least 4 years.

Recently I read about someone who gutted an old dive light and carries that in a pocket instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom