Captain Dons Habitat - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Dons is great and you're gonna love it. Great house reef with easy access and set-up area with benches and lockers. fresh water rinse station and shower, etc. Plus, I really dig the onsite Rumrunners restaurant. Great food at a fair price and can't beat an ocean side table to watch the tarpons in the lights while having dinner.

And as an aside...... in addition to the main dive shop there is also an SDI/TDS technical shop right there onsite and Brian is an awesome instructor. Last May, a buddy and myself took the SDI SOLO Diver course through them and it was really a great course. All the academics are done online ahead of time and then the follow-up planning and OW dives can be completed in one day..... Just say'n!

You'll have a great time in Bon...

@Devonled , driving a stick isn't rocket science. Have someone give you a few lessons and you'll be fine. And there are no traffic lights or hills on Bonaire.
I used Bonaire as an opportunity to practice my stick shift skills. I practiced at that soccer field after picking up the vehicle.

There are trucks that are not manual on the island. Rental facilities such as Avis have them. I rent from avis but never pay extra for the automatic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom