Prescription Mask Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am impressed with this one,
I have always use tusa very similar to this, haven't tried but pretty sure the lens will fit my tusa. Plus this seals better to my face.

But for the price you can hardly go wrong.

C$23.24 40%OFF | Scuba Optical Tempered Glasses Diving Mask Adults Myopia Swimming Googles Nearsighted Lenses Short-Sighted Silicone Skirt

i use the XS scuba metro mask with their pop in out lenses total cost is around $125

I got mine through Scuba Choice. They were a pain in the ass to deal with and really didn't want to take my order over the phone, but the mask works great and was to me in under a week. I think I paid $130.

I'm tempted to send off my mask with the GoPro mount built in to have prescription lenses stuck into it. I've been using a mount sewn into my hood and it works, but putting my mask on over it is a pain and last dive I had to pass up my pony and the necklace ended up all tangled.

Also, having shattered a mask by putting trauma shears in the mask bag, I'm wondering if anybody makes lenses from polycarbonate instead of tempered glass.

We use a company that can put lenses in any mask. Price starts at $270 (plus the mask) and goes up depending on bifocal/ trifocals, etc. the company we use has a satisfaction guarantee. We never had a mask returned.

We use a company that can put lenses in any mask. Price starts at $270 (plus the mask) and goes up depending on bifocal/ trifocals, etc. the company we use has a satisfaction guarantee. We never had a mask returned.
Which company?

Adventures Underwater
Is that just a regular dive shop? I assume they use Prescription Dive Masks in CA based on their pricing and “any” mask model.

Is that just a regular dive shop? I assume they use Prescription Dive Masks in CA based on their pricing and “any” mask model.

That is my dive shop, that is NOT the company we use. We have about a 10 day turn around. California would make that impossible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom