Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So have you gone yet???? Still sounds like a great trip - wishing i could leave the country at this time and sample more exotic diving flavours...... :wink:

Uncle Pug:
Hmmm... seems AirPacific has a dress code... and it doesn't include shorts, t-shirts and sandals. I guess I can deal with hanging around SEA for a couple of hours and a 2.5 hour flight followed by hanging around LAX for another 4.5 hours and then a 10 hour flight while wearing pants, collared shirt and dress shoes with socks(?!?) but I would sure hate to spend 12 days dressed that way!

Anyone know what the real deal is?

Wow ... never heard of a dress code on an airplane. Must be flying in the First Class section ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My believe is that you're required to wear these clothes because of the discount/ free air you recieved and not because of the airline demanding it to all passegers.

Employees are required to dress up on airlines and the ticket your on is probably equal to an employee ticket.

Natasha:
Did you call them? Most of the time a dress code is for non rev passengers.
I just did and the fellow said that is the dress code... can't even wear tennis shoes! And no sandals even with socks!

Since this is a ticket provided by the Fiji Visitors Bureau I expect it falls into the free or reduced rate category hence the restrictions.

overexposedX2 just called and gave me some good advice... after looking at the itinerary he said to take a linen jacket, khaki slacks and loafers. Yikes!

I flew in shorts, t-shirt and sandals and there were tons of surfers on my plane dressed the same. Probably what Natasha says.

Uncle Pug:
overexposedX2 just called and gave me some good advice... after looking at the itinerary he said to take a linen jacket, khaki slacks and loafers. Yikes!

Think Don Johnson Miami Vice. And don't forget your sunglasses!

Uncle Pug:

I'd be willing to pay for some of the Don Johnson pictures too.........do you really own a linen jacket and loafers??? :11:

I think he ran out to the mall before his flight to buy them. :winky:

Natasha:
I think he ran out to the mall before his flight to buy them. :winky:
SALVATION ARMY?
GOODWILL?
:wave-smil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom