Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get ready to feel guilty when filling in your logbook - after a warm water dive I feel like I haven't "done" anything.

It's just not a real dive if your not wearing a 5mm hood & gloves + drysuit!

Thanks for the excellent links! Leaving tomorrow without a clue where I'm going, who I'm staying with (or what I'm eating :D ) is interesting. All I know at this point is that I have a round trip ticket in hand from LAX to Fiji. I may be sleeping in the bush and begging for food but I'm sure I'll have a good time doing it. I'm even taking a snorkle! :D

WOW! Just received my itinerary from NetDoc... looks like I will be sampling 7 or 8 different resorts/dive operations/cruises. :D And the food is included. : :D

TX101:
Get ready to feel guilty when filling in your logbook - after a warm water dive I feel like I haven't "done" anything.

It's just not a real dive if your not wearing a 5mm hood & gloves + drysuit!

I think you should take more notice of Bill Gavin :D

UP...........Give them hell.................... :wink:

I'd give all my Mares gear to see you with a snorkle :D :D

Yeah... I'm going to look real purdy in my bright yellow/royal blue/black O'neil 3m, NWGD's DiveRite emplazoned trans-harness, clear frame three window mask, snorkle and the Apollo split fins Mike Ferarra gave me. Not to mention a yoke conversion on my DS4. :D

Uncle Pug:
Yeah... I'm going to look real purdy in my bright yellow/royal blue/black O'neil 3m, NWGD's DiveRite emplazoned trans-harness, clear frame three window mask, snorkle and the Apollo split fins Mike Ferarra gave me. Not to mention a yoke conversion on my DS4. :D

Somehow I think I'm going to need a picture to envision it ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
You may want to take a refresher on that snorkle.

I would just like to stress the importance of snorkling within your level of experience. It sounds as if you haven't done it in awhile, and not to take any of your cold water experience away, but without the proper training you could become just another warm water snorkling statistic.

Remember to apply sunscreen.

Joe

Uncle Pug:

You're not going to flutter kick are you?

JustJoe:
I would just like to stress the importance of snorkling within your level of experience. It sounds as if you haven't done it in awhile, and not to take any of your cold water experience away, but without the proper training you could become just another warm water snorkling statistic.

Remember to apply sunscreen.

Joe

Relax. He knows to never snorkel below 60 ft.

Back
Top Bottom