Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, unfortunately the Dee Ragg didn't come in time... top of head sunburned!!!

I'm at an internet cafe in Nadi on the way home. Access here is only ten cents a minute or $3 an hour... unlike Bega where it was radio link and $1 a minute!

I bought a new camera before leaving and have taken hundreds of above water pictures that I will load into a gallery when I return. The photographers that I travelled with have promised to give me some of their cast off U/W pics to post as well. We have had a great time and even though we only scratched the surface it would take most folks 8 trips to see as much of Fiji, its resorts and its dives sites. we have literally been on a whirlwind tour of some of the finest Fiji has to offer.

Upon return and when I can catch my breath I will start the blog I had intended to do in real time but internet access did not permit. Plus I will post in this thread answering questions that might come up from the blog.
Vinaka

Very cool, PUg. Can't wait to see the pics and hear what you have to say about the trip.

I'm definitely jealous!

Uncle Pug:
Folks thank you so much for the good info... and for the ribbing too... it let's me know you love me. :D
As for clothes... I will be packing light... a couple of ScubaBoard shirts, swim trunks and my sandles... maybe a pair of thong pants too. Thanks for the tip on bringing paper back books!

Wow, you're all worried about what you're wearing, but won't he look funny in those pants? :dazzler1:

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

p.s. How come this aint in the Australia-Pacific section?

Uncle Pug:
No, unfortunately the Dee Ragg didn't come in time... top of head sunburned!!!

Dagnabbit....I knew I should have sent it next day. The postal lady assured me it would get there in time....sorry!

Can't wait for the pics.

Uncle Pug:
I'm taking along a bunch of little girl dresses and shoes to give away!

shoes and dresses Pug?? I shudder to ask..........

I have found that great universal gifts for this kind of trip are.

Ballpoint pens. (for kids)
Playing cards (for soldiers or any other adult male)
Guitar strings (for the chiefs or head honchos son, this one is guaranteed to knock their sandals off but should be used cautiously in order to aviod marrage proposals from said cheifs daughters))

Dee, we stopped at the mail box yesterday coming home from the airport and there was the package from you! It looks like it was posted 10-22 and should have been here easily by the 28th but didn't arrive until the 9th! Anyway... thanks so much.. it is really cool and I will take it with me to Maui in a couple of weeks. :D

Ben, for dive gear:
Full 3mil suit worked just fine. I took my SS backplate and I'm glad that I did. I even used a weight belt with it.

I took the HID light but only used it a couple of times... it just wasn't necessary nor desirable for the kind of diving we were doing.

I plan on posting an article in the SB Portal blogging the trip day by day but we are still working out the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom