Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Pug, I've traveled quite a bit, both business and vacations.
A little advise: take a carry on bag.
Any time you have connections there is a chance they can loose or misdirect your luggage.
In your carry-on pack:
a change of cloths, ie clean shirt, underwear, socks maybe shorts & swim suit & T shirt
shaving kit, tooth brush, tooth paste, deoderant, sun screen,
sun glasses. (don't want to get a burn waiting by the pool for your luggage)

In most cases if they loose your luggage, (and trust me if you travel enough it will happen) it takes about 24 -48 hours to find and get it to you.

It just sucks to be stuck in the same cloths for 2 days.
You can get the little plug adapters at most international airport departure stores.

The rest of the advise is I agree with.
3 mil suit will protect you from jelly fish, sea wasps, sea lice etc
boots yes, shore entrees, coral etc.
I'd suggest you bring thin cotton or reef gloves to protect you from accidental contacts. While we don't touch a reef on purpose, surge or tidal action could brush you up against fire coral. not nice.

and HAVE FUN!, I wish I could go with you.

Mike D

Uncle Pug:
I just did and the fellow said that is the dress code... can't even wear tennis shoes! And no sandals even with socks!

Since it's a dress code I wonder what they'd do if you'd turned up in a dress? Now that'd be worth getting a picture of :)

I will be posting a compete trip report in an Uncle Pug *went* to Fiji thread when I get home. I had wanted to post everyday but that won't be possible/affordable. Connectivity can be had for a price... the Sheraton in Nandi wanted $44 for one hour... so I waited until arriving at Savusavu and the Korosun Resort where they are letting me use their broad band to post this and let you know I arrived and it is SUPER!

We are getting the best of everything and the dive charter live aboard that is taking us out for the next couple of days didn't take any other bookings so that they could give their full attention to us!

In our group there are four of us from the US... photographers for Dive Training Magazine and Scuba Diver. We also have a fellow from Aukland with Dive New Zealand Magazine and another from Japan with Japan Diver plus two ladies with (competing) dive travel agencies from Australia.

Yesterday (Saturday here) was our first day... arriving at 5am we left our luggage at the Fiji Sheraton and spent the day (10 hours) travelling by Catamaran through the Yasawa Islands, dropping of passengers at various islands and picking up others. We also spent several hours on a floating hostel for lunch and snorkling (saw a white tip reef shark!)

This morning we flew to Savusavu and are staying at the Korosun Resort. First day of diving is tomorrow. Right now I'm go to get off the computer and go to Church (it is Sunday here.)

Still alive.... posting this from Beqa Lagoon Resort on Beqa Island. We finally get to sleep three nights in the same bed! Full report to follow on return.

This place is definitely UP SCALE!

Uncle Pug:
Still alive.... posting this from Beqa Lagoon Resort on Beqa Island. We finally get to sleep three nights in the same bed! Full report to follow on return.

This place is definitely UP SCALE!

Did you notice all those pretty colors?? Bet you wish you had a dive goddess skin now!!!! :D

UP,
This morning, ice on the lawn. 2' vis in the lake yesterday.
Humph! :shakehead

Did you get your Dee-Rag in time? I hope it provided you with the colors you were trying to co-ordinate!

We Scubaboarders appreciate the sacrifice you are making in our stead. :eyebrow:

Have a fantabulous time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom