ultrasonic cleaner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
with varying ultrasonic cleaners on the market can anyone here reccomend how high of HZ (i.e 40hz, 50hz, 60hz)I should be looking for to use for cleaning regs??

Rooster1:
with varying ultrasonic cleaners on the market can anyone here reccomend how high of HZ (i.e 40hz, 50hz, 60hz)I should be looking for to use for cleaning regs??
Our cleaners are rated at 38.5 Htz, and with the optional heat option I don't think they can be beat. I believe when you're talking about 50Htz or 60 Htz you're actually referring to AC cycles.

Oh man I wish I had one! Damm they are pricey! Anyone have one for sale--maybe one tat fell off the back of the truck?
Just kidding --No really -- No just kidding...

scuba-punk:

If you want a cool DIY project you should go on ebay and check this out. Just epoxy glue it to a steel bowl and there is your ultrasonic cleaner. Just a side note, this could be dangerous, just don't point the bowl at your head or anybody elses. LOL Check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4660&item=3865162801&rd=1
Go for it, I probably would if I had the money to waste.

I think Harbor Freight Tools has them at a reasonable price. Not sure about the quality, though.

I got one from Harbor Freight a few weeks ago. So far it has worked great on reg and tank valve parts. It even did a great job on my razor, its like new again. All this for $39.95

Back
Top Bottom