Ugh..no cactus juice..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

georoc01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I placed my order with them a month ago and hadn't heard anything from them so I just placed a call. They are back ordered and it doesn't look like its going to make it before my trip May 15th.

I prefer the mix of sunscreen/bug spray. I have a bottle of bullfrog. I hope it works!

Where ya going? It's available most everywhere in the bay islands

Yep, very common for resorts to have it, I would think. Why don't you call or email the hotel or dive op you are using in the Bay Islands and ask if they have it there. No worries, I'm sure they can get it for you or know who sells it. Barefoot Cay supplied it free for all of us on Roatan, as part of their service.

And just an FYI, I found out that Cactus Juice in the USA is marketed as a "sunscreen/skin protection" due to some regulations about "bug spray" so they just put a little sticker on the bottle saying "Bug deterrent" (or something similarly worded). So don't freak when it doesn't say "Bug Spray" ON the bottle. It's the same "juice".

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the state. Here in Louisiana, cactus juice is cactus juice as far as I know...same bottle, same results. On Roatan it is widely available. Might want to price shop, though. You might pick up a bottle at your local island pharmacy or convenience store cheaper than the resort...just a thought.

Anyway, I always use it. I never waste space in my luggage to take it. I have never had trouble finding it. In fact, I first found it and used it on Roatan.

Hope this helps

Weird enough, if you can't find it locally, I've seen it on eBay as well.

In addition to eBay, you can buy it on Amazon. Get overnight shipping if you so desire.

I bought my Cactus Juice upon arriving at Roatan and the price was about the same as everywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom