UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ines Dive cancelled today as the massive ship that was parked next to it was still there :(Plan B - Inchcape 10, did a 60 min bottom time on air with a 32 minute deco on EAN50.25C on bottom, visibility ..... well judge for your self.

UAE_4215MC_zpsdx0amlak.jpg

UAE_4195MC_zpslqzfyoyf.jpg

UAE_4212MC_zps6duc3wy7.jpg

Back to macro next weekend.

Have you been to car cemetery lately?

Not this year :(

Tend to be predominantly diving with CTD or Barracuda out of Fujairah, some excellent sites that are just as good close by.

Most definitely.

Glenn is running a tech dhow trip to Musandam in November, looking forward to that :D

Dived "3 Cars" and "Car Cemetery 2" today.

The latter dive site is only 4 weeks old but has some interesting structures and various life forms are moving into the area. Bottom temps are around 24/25C, visibility was awful, but I did not have the time or energy last night to set up for macro.

Water tanker (still full)

UAE_4349Csig_zps7tqjwmy6.jpg

The cab

UAE_4354Csig_zps21pmu59a.jpg

My buddy Kerstin spotted a sea hare on top of the cab

UAE_4358Csig_zpsnxj9pywg.jpg

I had a few sea snakes to play with, this is my best shot

UAE_4365MCsig_zpssbeceroj.jpg

If the autofocus had managed to work faster this could have been a good shot, the sea snake started head banging the dome port, I guess it was responding to a reflection of itself.

UAE_4329MCsig_zpsdi7xager.jpg

That's too close for comfort for me... I know what they say about sea snakes' jaws not opening wide enough to bite but had I been there the viz would have been significantly worse after the encounter [emoji15]

A few more pics of some of the vehicles, there are some various bits of mangled metal, but quite a few recognisable vehicles

Abu Dhabi taxi anyone? There are at least 4 to choose from.

UAE_4320Csig_zps3aothju6.jpg

Not sure what happened to this one

UAE_4311Csig_zps2gyupnif.jpg

These custom wheels may have been good looking at one time.

UAE_4342Csig_zpslppu1jvb.jpg

Three day weekend and only one dive :(

Thursday, CG stopped boats going out from Fujairah, so Ines dive canned, Plan B to join my daughter on a dive on the west coast was also canned as the boat was fully booked, as it happened two people cancelled at the last minute, but I was 20 mins away and no intention of holding up the boat, they had crap viz anyway and I did other things such as preparing my drysuit for the upcoming winter season (new wrist seal) and sorting my gear out doing general maintenance.

Friday, we drove over to the east coast, again CTD was not diving but popped in to see Glenn after dropping my daughter off at The Dive Centre where she was on her final weekend for the OWSI course and exam. Visited Divers Down, had a natter with Paul and basically chilled out back at Sandy Beach, enjoying a BBQ that night with the dive op staff and instructors in training.

The one dive I did was on Saturday morning on Inchcape 1, main mission to find a seahorse. Diving with Louise one of the instructors we had no luck at the beginning but one of the other divers found one, and I managed to spend 10 minutes with it, took around 15 shots before I left it alone hearing other boats arrive above and expecting the hoards to descend any minute, which did not happen BTW as a certain dive op was not amongst them.

This is my favourite shot.

UAE_4398MCsig_zpsxxhokj1n.jpg

Water temp on the bottom (30M) was 24C, got warmer at 12M with 29C on the surface.

Searcaigh, this a very beautiful shot! ♡

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom