UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see you're back with a vengeance :)

Dive details (mixes, etc.), good sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19/40 backgas (twin 7.9L), 50% (50 cu ft stage) travel gas to 20M then switched to backgas, back onto 50% on ascent at 21M to 6M, 100% 40 cu ft stage) from 6M until I cleared.

Samer, who was on his rebreather, had 4 mins more deco than me, and once I cleared deco I switched to my backgas again, total run time was 93 min, GF20/80, started my ascent when I hit 100 bar which was around 25 min

The Petrel is brilliant :D

Ines planned again for Wednesday and Thursday next week, wish you were here :D

Ines planned again for Wednesday and Thursday next week, wish you were here :D

So do I....

(Out come the books on Sri Lanka!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 18th June, I have a wedding in Penang to attend.

HMS Hermes No1 on the agenda :D

Searcaigh

I may have missed this but I have a couple of questions:

1. Are you using ccr now?

2. How deep was the wreck you just dove (max depth you went to in this dive)?

Hi Burhan,

Long time since I heard from you, I hope you are managing to survive okay in Libya.

Not on CCR, still dive open circuit (twinset + stages)

Only dived to 60M on Friday, hard bottom is 70M

Hi Burhan,

Long time since I heard from you, I hope you are managing to survive okay in Libya.

Not on CCR, still dive open circuit (twinset + stages)

Only dived to 60M on Friday, hard bottom is 70M

Doing OK. Just started teaching scuba again. I am taking this week off to dive. The big issue now for me is the extreme devaluation of the Libyan currency vs. the USD and Euro, everything imported costs now double what it was few months ago. It makes it much more difficult to buy new toys :)

Were you able to take many photos at these depths?

Were you able to take many photos at these depths?

Took a few, only had 25 mins around the prop, trying to organise Samer the model in this shot as well as Saad who was responsible for the third strobe to get him to point it in the right direction etc., ...... more surface planning required although another photographer with double strobes set on slave mode would be helpful.

UAE_4150MCsig_zpsf1kv28ce.jpg

Visiting Dibba for our first time and will be leaving shortly. 3 days of diving fun!

Cheers

GJS

Had a full 5 days of diving last week, although since I was doing my Normoxic trimix course I only had the camera during a couple of dives, as my instructor wanted to make sure I could handle certain scenarios with the equipment I normally dive with.

Bottom temperature was 22C, it got a bit chilly especially using helium, but the deco stops were comfortable enough from 21M to surface temps started at 25C to 29C at the surface.

Visibility at 60M was 20M+ :D

Massive shoals of jack and barracuda and on Thursday a whale shark passed by, naturally on the day I did not have the camera with me.

UAE_4179C_zpsrkelbfog.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom