UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wind Guru was way out of kilter then :idk:

Stayed on the west coast today

Wow, bottom temps on Inchcape 10 still 23C, bit chilly in my 3mm, so had to put on a hooded vest for the second dive on the Blocks.

Few Nudis spotted, a plethora of Phidiana militaris in a forest of hydroids on the railings near the bow of Inchcape 10

Usual Hypselodoris suspects

Could not find any seahorses on the Blocks though, I know they are there but perhaps my old eyes just missed them.

Daughter finishing off her DM course yesterday at the The Dive Centre, Sandy Beach.

It was flat calm when we arrived however the CG had stopped all boats going out. There was a slight offshore breeze, and by midday the wind started to pick up with some severe gusts.

Yanni dived and I did some work from the safety of indoors. Outdoor temp was 43C and water temps 31C.

Almost two months since I dived the east coast, having been diving in Indonesia most of July and then dealing with an ear infection on my return.

However today, exactly 4 weeks since my last dive I made three dives, two on "Deep Reef" and a third on "Two Cars"

Best find was this Shuttlecock Spindle Cowrie Volva volva

Deep Reef also has some amazing soft corals worthy of an attempt with Wide Angle in the future.

"Two Cars" (my name) is basically as the name suggests, two vehicles dumped in 23M of water, how they got there nobody knows, as it was only recently discovered by one of the BSAC guys playing with a side scan sonar a couple of months ago, quite a few nudis at this site.

Water temps ranged from 33C on the surface to 24C at the bottom of Deep Reef

Had a couple more dives on Two Cars today, now renamed Cars and Barrels, in fact there are three cars and a lot of old 55Gal Oil drums.

Surface had a large swell >1M and this transferred to poor visibility on the bottom, it was impossible to stay still to photograph anything without holding on to something or using my reef stick to keep steady.

The highlight of the second dive was when a sea snake decided to investigate my focus light on my housing, just wish I had a GoPro mounted as it swam between my strobes and around the housing.

Waiting for Hannah, my buddy today, to send me some pics of it swimming around my fins, whilst I was busy photographing some nudis.

Bottom temp 26C at 23M

Last edited:
Hannah's pics of my fins

Not sure I'd be comfortable with a sea snake that close - had it been me, the turbidity of the water would be different :)

Flat calm today as we arrived at The Dive Centre, my daughter invited another friend but she pulled out at the last minute. We did meet up with two of her other friends Hannah and Rene.

Dive sites were 3 Rocks and Sharq Island, there appeared to a be a thermocline at 7M where the temps dropped to a cool 26C, I think I will be wearing my 5mm again very soon.

Visibility was a poor 2-4M

Chromodoris annulata at 3 Rocks

A small flatworm was spotted nearby

the temps dropped to a cool 26C, I think I will be wearing my 5mm again very soon.

I think you might need something warmer sooner [emoji3]

Back in my 5mm today, temperature range from 23C at 60M (in fact severe temp drop from 12M) to 32C at the surface.

Main objective was to photograph the propellor of the Ines, I was using a third strobe held by one of my buddies (Saad) for some of the shots.

UAE_4152MCsig_zpskxqovbdp.jpg

UAE_4147Csig_zps8j8z0nga.jpg

Nice and toasty during our main deco stop at 5M

Glenn, instructor and owner of Coastal Technical Divers

UAE_4168MCsig_zpsbrsuptla.jpg

I was on OC, I personally don't see the point (other than economically for the price of gas) of moving to a rebreather, cost and time to set up these things as bad as me setting up my camera gear :D plus you still have to haul all the additional tanks as bailout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom