Rescued by Iranians

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Dubai? Don't think so.
But open the cooler and offer any food that is around.

It's currently Ramadan, so no food or drink can be consumed during daylight hours.

FYI 6 Emirates here allow alcohol, only Sharjah is a "dry" Emirate.

I believe you that no offense was intended, but it’s my personal belief that comments along those lines lines are in poor taste given the tragedy that women are in fact traded as commodities in some parts of the world. Just another way of looking at it.

We were joking around with the ladies on the boat Kate, no offence was intended.

We also joked about who would we eat first if stranded for a long time.

Thanks @flyboy08 something else to add to the dive kit.

Different worlds, different beliefs. Is some parts of the east, livestock are gods while in the west they are a cheap meal at McDonalds. Trying to force your beliefs on other is what keeps the holy wars going on forever.

Great! Now you have taken a nice rescue with a great outcome and twisted it into a political/religious thread. You were just burying it in your beliefs, I just threw it out in the open. The last half of the thread just needs to be deleted because it has turned into crap.

But I do have to thank Searcaigh for the correction. Learned a little more. I have never personally traveled to that part of the world. But I have several co-workers who have been there, and I have heard a lot of the stories, from several different people. As often, never the complete story. I do find it an interesting place and it is on my list of places that I would like to travel to.

Let's all be friends and be happy about the rescue that was successful. Thank you.

Thanks @flyboy08 something else to add to the dive kit.
Your welcome...another nifty Amazon purchase was a solar charger that plugs into your cigarette lighter...I use it on my weekend truck during winter months and this was the first year I didn't have to pull out the cables after sitting in the cold....that poor Ram Hemi needs to be run...just place it into the sun and.....

Wow ! Unpleasant story, but with a happy ending. Being adrift is never fun (speaking from personal experience, but in friendlier waters). Seems there's still some solidarity and fraternity among seafaring people. Quite an invigorating thought these days.

Seems there's still some solidarity and fraternity among seafaring people

Yes I believe there is a camaraderie amongst seafarers for which I'm grateful

Back
Top Bottom