UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent the weekend in Fujairah with six dives planned, however, only managed five.

First two dives were solo on Inchcape 2, a plethora of Hypselodoris dollfusi on this wreck, I stopped counting at 20 on the first dive.

Conditions were really weird. It was relatively flat on the surface and at 6m no water movement at all, however, on the bottom 22m it was really surgy and this was the same on all the dive sites close to shore that I did (The Blocks and Inchcape 10).

I'm not sure of the reason, but perhaps something to do with the incoming tide on a new moon phase??

I was also using my snoot, which worked well on this scorpionfish

It was really challenging on the Blocks though with about 1m visibility and the surge, this was the best I could manage of a Flabellina rubrolineata

Water temperatures on Saturday were 26C on Inchcape 2, and 27C on the Blocks.

On Sunday it was 25C on Deep Reef and 29C on Inchcape 10

My best shot was the Thecacera pacifica (aka the Pikachu) laying eggs.

This was in a really awkward position plus with the surge I was having major issues trying to get a good angle in order to get a decent shot. It was totally impossible from the front. I did take a couple of snoot shots from the other side but the egg belt is not so obvious.

I pointed it out to another photographer and ten minutes later when I came back to see if it had moved round in the egg laying process (I had seen it was moving counter clockwise), it was gone !! :mad:

Someone had moved it! :mad: :mad: :rant:

Up at 05:30 this morning.

The forecast for the weekend has not looked promising all week, however, the dive centre messaged me at 06:00 to inform me that the CG were okay with boats going out.

I passed this message on to the others in the group and we all met at Fujairah Marina after driving through some rain showers in the Hijar mountains that we have to cross.

The wind picked up and we all decided to bail and return to Dubai. It really chucked it down on the way back, but cleared up to nice and sunny on the Sharjah side of the Hijar range.

Back to the Bridge tomorrow and tentatively booked for some dives next Thursday.

Haven't posted for a while mainly because I haven't been going over to the east coast much.

I did mid-week dive a few weeks ago and spent this weekend diving a few sites off Fujairah and Khorfakkan.

Complete nudi fest, totally awesome. Water temps 26C off Fujairah and 27C off Khorfakkan.

Found this Goniobranchus tinctorius at The Blocks on Friday.

Loads of Hypselodoris dolfusis on Inchcape 10

On Saturday I dived with two other photographers on Inchcape 2

Found the largest Thecacera pacifica I've ever seen, 5cm

The BIG surprise though was a 2m Guitar Shark sitting on the sand just off the wreck, and all three of us set up for macro :rofl3:

Just for the record

Back
Top Bottom