Tying boltsnaps to backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
There is absolutely no comparison between my halogen scouts and my LED Heser...esp in a cave.
oh good, send them over and when I run my light tests, I can test the Hesser too. Umm, send both of em in case I like them,, I mean, need to test both against the H's and PTs.
And Skull D,, backup lights are not $200 each. That would be more than a tad expensive. But if price is the main issue, I am guessing you havent bought a can yet, right?

TSandM:
I just ordered the Dive Rite LED backup light . . . It's twist-on, 2 C cell LED backup with a 50 hour burn time. If it's anywhere near as nice as the PT LED light, at $119 it was a steal.
I don't know if they made any changes, but a buddy of mine had one of the Dive Rites and every 5 minutes I was having to tell him that his light was on (pressure kept turnng them on).

riguerin:
I've actually heard this as an argument for using a halogen vs LED. It's very obvious when a team member goes to backup. Comments ?

The LED does have a nice burn time and they are pretty bright but it's not that needed. I've been on cave dives where one member of the team was using a 10w and the rest of us had our 18 and 21 w hids. Couldn't tell the difference between the LED and the 10W so from that standpoint, I see the non LED as the better route. The orange/yellow color stands out more due to the contrasting colors.

Sure the LED has a longer burn time but the standard PT's and Scouts with fresh batteries should have a longer burntime than the amount of gas you have on your back so I see that as a mute point.

My last cave trip, my LED stayed on my harness and I used my standard mini scout when I needed my back-up.

TSandM:
I just ordered the Dive Rite LED backup light . . . It's twist-on, 2 C cell LED backup with a 50 hour burn time. If it's anywhere near as nice as the PT LED light, at $119 it was a steal.

Unless they changed it you will be disappointed I would say it is not half as bright as the PT.

riguerin:
I've actually heard this as an argument for using a halogen vs LED. It's very obvious when a team member goes to backup. Comments ?

What, you mean because you cant see them anymore?

if you go to a backup, you need to signal the rest of the team (side to side waving of light). Make *sure* they see that it's a backup light.

Re-arrange team and exit.

Carribeandiver:
oh good, send them over and when I run my light tests, I can test the Hesser too. Umm, send both of em in case I like them,, I mean, need to test both against the H's and PTs.
And Skull D,, backup lights are not $200 each. That would be more than a tad expensive. But if price is the main issue, I am guessing you havent bought a can yet, right?

You can pry my Heser from my cold dead hands. I am also in the process of upgrading my scouts (although not with the "H" LED)

Where was this at? I may need to dip into my lil side bank account again.

Michael

Edit: Meant to quote TSandM's last post.

SkullDeformity:
I'm not denying LEDs are nice, they are. But I can't justify spending 200 dollars on a backup light.
I wouldn't be able to justify that either ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I bought the DiveRite through my LDS . . . But it sounds as though I should get it and see how it is before recommending the purchase to anybody.

TSandM:
I bought the DiveRite through my LDS . . . But it sounds as though I should get it and see how it is before recommending the purchase to anybody.

I'll wait for your thoughts on the product. :)

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom