twin 80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjundvr:
I would avoid using AL80's for a double set up. The become far to bouyant when empty and that just adds to you having to wear more weight.

Actually... twin Al80s are negatively buoyant when empty... maybe they aren't as negative as one might like... but... they still sink. Of course, steels might be prefered if you are looking to take some weight off your belt.

They make great doubles. If you need the gas then a set of larger volume steels would be better.

^ I was always under the impression that Al80s are ~4 pounds positive when empty, times 2.

r u offrin 2 smoke my argon?

This is way too much of a coincidence. Chris Crash is back!

*Disclaimer* To the Mods: I in no way had anything to do with this. I can't believe it myself!

SparticleBrane:
^ I was always under the impression that Al80s are ~4 pounds positive when empty, times 2.

Yep... in salt. 3# in fresh.

Not sure who chris cash is? Mind filling me in? Seems like an interesting story.

Brent

Stephen Ash:
Actually... twin Al80s are negatively buoyant when empty... maybe they aren't as negative as one might like... but... they still sink. Of course, steels might be prefered if you are looking to take some weight off your belt.

They make great doubles. If you need the gas then a set of larger volume steels would be better.
Double 80s are most definitely positive when empty. Throw an empty single 80 into the water and watch it float.

They do make good doubles, but when you're already wearing a bunch of lead, adding a second Al80 means you have to add even more lead.

TROLL AND SOCK-PUPPET ALERT (WELL SPOTTED, DENNIS:))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom