Tank O2 cleaning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I asked before--according to whom?
According to Simple Green. It was in their press release.

Simple Green had to introduce a new product, Simple Green Extreme, for O2 compatible cleaning. Simple Green Extreme still does not have rust inhibitors like Blue Gold.

Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 11.21.02 PM.png

and to keep myself nice and not write what I want to write I'll write something else
so rather that being so anal about which dish washing liquid not to use I would be
more into enough hot H20 for flushing, and psis for blowing to avoid a rusty mess

Like some hydro shops leave you with and blame wet fills or ingestion or high o2s

and we're even featured due to the magnificent tmassey

and get serious with a complete woe to go, "love your scuba cylinder" programme

I found some oxygen cleaning manuals but not "oxygen hacker" so if anyone has it and is prepared to share it, I would appreciate it.

also Im not to concerned about rust as Im using AL tanks, so correct me if Im wrong, but after the glass tubling and hot water flushing , I'm planning to blow dry it with breathing air only.

I found some oxygen cleaning manuals but not "oxygen hacker" so if anyone has it and is prepared to share it, I would appreciate it.

also Im not to concerned about rust as Im using AL tanks, so correct me if Im wrong, but after the glass tubling and hot water flushing , I'm planning to blow dry it with breathing air only.
Please find attached:)

Edit:

File too big to upload, shoot me a DM!

I'm planning to blow dry it with breathing air only.

Yeah but straight from a tank no reg and hi ho Silver hang on!

but more like holding onto a fire hose, with less to hold onto

According to Simple Green. It was in their press release.

Simple Green had to introduce a new product, Simple Green Extreme, for O2 compatible cleaning. Simple Green Extreme still does not have rust inhibitors like Blue Gold.

View attachment 845258
Ah! So things have changed because of a change in the product! Thanks!

Note that Simple Green Crystal is no longer supposed to be used, either.

For those who use Naval Oxygen Cleaner as part of the oxygen cleaning process- where do you get it from that won’t force you to sell a kidney?!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom