Turtle Sizing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a drysuit, and it came with size 11 TrekBoots (also known as RockBoots).

I believe I've read that the XL jetfins will work with this boot, but how about the turtles? Is the foot pocket going to be too big?

RonFrank:
I just purchased a drysuit, and it came with size 11 TrekBoots (also known as RockBoots).

I believe I've read that the XL jetfins will work with this boot, but how about the turtles? Is the foot pocket going to be too big?
No ... I use Turtles with all my drysuits ... those with traditional drysuit boots and my DUI suit with rock boots. I have a size 9 boot.

XL Jets, on the other hand, are too small for my drysuit boots ... I use those for diving wetsuit boots on warm water trips.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have size 11 rockboots, and the XL jetfins were too small. Go with Turtles.

I have a bare drysuit with attached boots that are 7mil neoprene vulcanized (covered in a thick layer of rubber). If I sit down and really work on it, I can squeeze them into my XL Mares Quatros (use with wetsuit), but I would not want try taking them off with all my gear still on.

XL jet fins (borrowed) are similiar and leave quite a bit of empty space in the toe area, as the boot can only get part way inside.

XXL jet fins (bought and dove for about 20 dives) work, but are a little too loose for my taste.

Sooooo I went out and I went out and bought turtles and have been very happy with them ever since! It is too bad I had to spend around $180 at my LDS for XXL jet fins and spring straps before finding out about turtles.

FYI fellow scubaboarder Kidspot has a create web page set up on the topic. http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/

Great info above. I did the same as cleveland above. What a pain. Go with the turtles.

Say it with me people. eBay.

Makes mistakes much less costly. WOW. $180 for XXL and Springs. I could do the same thing on eBay for about $100 - $110. Probably less.

Hope you can at least take them back. If not, someone on eBay will take them.

But not for $180.

Turtles rock. Size 9 rock boot - a little loose, but not prohibitively so. Size 9 - 10 is in that middle zone.

---
Ken

I tried fitting a pair of size 12 3mil tropical boots into XL Jets and they are quite tight (I get foot cramps from them) so I'd guess that size 11 Trek boots will be way to big for them. On the other hand size 13 tennnis shoes or hunting boots were a good fit in the XXL jets... sounds like you're a good candidate for Turtles :wink: right in between the two. Let us know how it works out though.

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom