Scubapro Go Travel vs Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Possibly but you can mix and change colors or match your school colors. LSU:

White is a very boring color, unless you are using it to color balance your camera UW 😜

White is a very boring color, unless you are using it to color balance your camera UW 😜

White is the opposite of black :giggle:. Which is more boring :poke:?

Those belong to my wife, she is the super LSU fan. And she is not diving anymore at least for now, we will see how that goes :shakehead:.

Long ago I had some natural gum rubber UDT fins and matching mask. They were an amber color, almost see thru in thin areas, beautiful. Of course natural gum rubber just did not hold up. Hey Scubapro, instead of boring black and white and orange, how about faux gum rubber Go-Sport Gorillas, a beautiful golden amber, translucent and with matching Frameless mask. No, not beige, please! Or tie dye please because I am a hippie. All the colors of the rainbow swirled in :yeahbaby:.

I've been diving for 46 years, lately I had been having issues with using air too quickly
At the age of 61 if your air consumption changes I would urge you to see your GP to have it checked out.
Changing fins might not be the optimal solution.

Long ago I had some natural gum rubber UDT fins and matching mask. They were an amber color, almost see thru in thin areas, beautiful. Of course natural gum rubber just did not hold up. Hey Scubapro, instead of boring black and white and orange, how about faux gum rubber Go-Sport Gorillas, a beautiful golden amber, translucent and with matching Frameless mask. No, not beige, please! Or tie dye please because I am a hippie. All the colors of the rainbow swirled in :yeahbaby:.

I think fuchsia will go nicely with you for sure.

I would echo Scubgermany in recommending that you check with your doctor if you suddenly have a change in your SAC for no clear reason.

I'd go for the gorilla, but that is less important than getting checked out!
Happy diving

That's great to know. So, it doesn't seem the regular Sports don't make sense.

However, I still wonder about the Gorillas. You see, even though I've been diving for 46 years, lately I had been having issues with using air too quickly. I've rectified most of it by paying attention to my breathing. My SAC now is about 0.55 cu ft/min, but I'd like to optimize it. Maybe the more efficient find would help. Also, I'm not a huge man but not small either (5'11", 185lb) and dive with substantial camera gear.

What do you think?

I agree with the others, an increased SAC is probably not your fins. Did you gain a little weight, need to visit the gym, do some cardio? Or if indeed your SAC has increased with no other cause evident maybe, as much as I recommend avoiding doctors, well ----. You just might not be as good as you once was (Toby Keith) :wink:.

I hear this like a broken LP skipping, my doctor this, my doctor says that, my instructor says this or that, I ain't got no doctor and I do not take pills and my instructor is dead.

But I am all in on the Go-Sport Gorillas for you, I think you will love them.

I hear this like a broken LP skipping, my doctor this, my doctor says that, my instructor says this or that, I ain't got no doctor and I do not take pills and my instructor is dead.

You forgot about "my therapist says this or that..."

Thank you all. I am a physician and I have lost 80 lb in the last 10 years, with 40 of that in the last 2. I had been working out regularly. In addition, I literally improved my SAC during my last drive trip by changing my breathing pattern between dives to one better suited to diving (long, deliberate exhalations). Now, I'm just crossing the tees, etc

Thank you all. I am a physician and I have lost 80 lb in the last 10 years, with 40 of that in the last 2. I had been working out regularly. In addition, I literally improved my SAC during my last drive trip by changing my breathing pattern between dives to one better suited to diving (long, deliberate exhalations). Now, I'm just crossing the tees, etc

Just go diving and enjoy your fins :)

Don't get too hung up on your SAC/RMV, be happy and dive!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom