TS Fay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No big deal here in North Naples. Supposedly hit us around 5 AM, and we have some twigs and leaves in the sideyard, that's about it.

Yup! We're getting some much needed rain in Melbourne. We just got done unclogging the drain at the end of the street. I was hip deep in water by the drain. We also had to pull ScubaKat11's car (Yes Jenny! She's been driving for a year.) into the driveway, because the water was about an inch below the door.

I sure hope Lake Denton fills back up... looks like the eye went just over Avon Park.

Dasng! Where does the time go? Just yesterday she was a sweet little kid! :rofl3: j/k

We had a couple good rain bands come through last night, but nothing serious. I did see a branch about a 1/4" thick and about 2 ft long in the street though when I went to work this morning.
On the topic of the shutting down the city for the storm. As I understood, they closed school yesterday for 2 reasons: 1. Buses are not safe at winds of +40mph, they don't want the liabilities of kids standing in high winds either. 2. In Broward, all the shelters are located in schools. You can't have a shelter and the school open at the same time.
Glad this afternoon cleared up. Charlie got some much needed exercise. The parks were closed, but I found a place behind on of the dog parks and he and a bunch of other dogs got to let loose of some energy. Gotta love those big water puddles!!!

Joe, Al and everybody else, good thoughts to you and stay safe.

Lots of rain here. I did have one tree fall down across our driveway, but I found out that it wasn't caused by the storm. The person who owns the house next to me backed into the tree. Of course they didn't tell me until AFTER I cleaned it up. It's raining hard right now, but not much wind.

Fay never was, is, or will be (according to the NHC) a hurricane.

Maybe, but I'm still getting ready to DUCK out here at the beach!

17240424.jpg

No kite surfing for you???

It's still raining and blowing here in Melbourne Beach. I think the rain estimates here are close to one foot. Only minor damage: torn screen, debris.

It's been raining here (Palm Bay/Melbourne, FL) pretty solid for 2 days. Streets are starting to flood, but here wind is calm. We had to drive to Stuart yesterday for an emergency and there were few on the road going and coming back. Hoping everyone is ok!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom