TS Fay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Having gone from being under direct line to now having it veer off and follow Wilma's trek into the southside of Naples, we're really experiencing light winds and non-stop drizzle rain topped with that ever present ominous feeling of dark clouds hanging around. A brief inexplicable power outage this morning also occured.

For those of you who are looking at this storm and either in it's path or fringes, keep a watch out, the winds are shaking all the stuff out of the tree's we didn't know was up there.. and some we did :wink:

Keep your heads down, wear a hard hat and keep your eyes open :D

We are getting a lot of rain and some hefty gusts over here. I think we just entered the cone for TS winds.

A couple of tornados touched down south and west of Jupiter (Wellington).

No loss of power or anything substantial, but I guess we have a few more hours to go.

Lost of rain, a few bug gusts...I cannot be believe we shut down all of SW Florida for this. My power flickered once this morning.

All of SE FLA is shut down too. LOL.

All of SE FLA is shut down too. LOL.

When I lived in Indiana we had windy, wet, gray, stormy days, except it was 25 degrees and the wet stuff was snow.... The entire state didnt shut down.

I know we gotta prepare for the worst, but I think local news/"Fear TV" drives people to hysteria. This isnt as silly as the storm that we shut down a few years ago where it never even rained, but it is close.

Last edited:
I had to come in to work today. I have to say, most of the drive was fine, but there were a few moments I was truly scared. I work just over a block from the beach, and we are technically below sea level--the parking lot is under 2+ feet of water....not an ideal situation. We're also some of the few in a power outage, and the office is on generator power.

I'd say, though major damage is not a concern, it would have been wiser for the company to shut down for the day, or at least call in essential personnel only.

Greater Fort Lauderdale Beach Cam
LBTS has had alot of rain & wind :)

Looks like a calm day at the Jersey shore, hee!!!

Here's the Hollywood Beach beach cam (scroll down a bit for it).

I live in a flood zone and my neighborhood is frequently underwater after bad T-storms...this morning my street is wet but not flooded. The only "damage" I had overnight was an empty garbage can tipped over and rolled into the yard. I did take down my big wind chime and roll up my patio shades though, just so that I wouldn't have to listen to them all night.

I heard from my friend in Punta Gorda; he was disappointed that he didn't get more rain...says he needs it!!!

They closed work yesterday and today so I'm just enjoying being lazy. Everyone else...stay safe!!!

In Port Charlotte...

Steady heavy drizzle, breezy with gusts to 15 (my estimate).

Ever since Charley, the media tries to get everyone whipped into a frenzy over every named storm that comes close.

I think you guys over on the East Coast seem to get it worse from the feeder bands that get wound up and spin off in your direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom