TS Fay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. I was typing a witty reply an hour ago when we lost power.

We got a major feeder band that took out FPL. I was pissed! But unlike the other storms, when the last band went through it was like somebody turned of a switch. Done ..over.
With a full blown cane, you guys know, on the back side the bands come through in diminishing strength.
I was pissed, because even with Wilma, I could watch the local news with the radar showing locations of the bands. We would then experience them while watching.

This one I lost power. ***.

In Port Charlotte...

Steady heavy drizzle, breezy with gusts to 15 (my estimate).

Ever since Charley, the media tries to get everyone whipped into a frenzy over every named storm that comes close.

I think you guys over on the East Coast seem to get it worse from the feeder bands that get wound up and spin off in your direction.

The talking heads heads here are the same. Standing on the beach in their slickers while people play business as usual on the beach. Trying to whip up a frenzy. Then they run clips from 4 years ago.

But, I do think we got it more than you guys because we were in the NE quadrant. But, 10:19AM 8/19, it is done. :)

deleted. Dup post

I called some of my friends in the Keys and they said my houses where ok nothing much just alot of trash everywhere. I'm in Georiga... No I didn't get lost like all the other times I went on trips:rofl3: I went to Keaton Beach to do some scalloping this past week with some friends, but when it was time to leave the weather was bad so I went home with them to wait it out.:D Georgia peeps are so much fun and down to earth good people.:10: I guess I'll be heading home maybe on Thursday or Friday??? depends on the weather. I hate to drive in tornando's and rain.

Heads up if you like scallops Keaton Beach is the place to go. It's like Easter Egg Hunting, they are everywhere. We got our limit everyday within an 1 1/2. Den and Ty had a blast what a great place to take kids.
Becky

We are starting to get the heavier winds and rain in Cocoa Beach now...nothing major.

Becky, so glad to read that you are not only safe, but having fun!!!

I've lost power here a few times for a minute or two, but the winds have been less for the past hour.

Still raining outside in S.Fort Myers...I read that 30-40,000 are without power but I'm lucky to have power and internet :coffee: a nice day off is the result of Fay!

-J.-

Still raining outside in S.Fort Myers...I read that 30-40,000 are without power but I'm lucky to have power and internet :coffee: a nice day off is the result of Fay!

-J.-

Sadly I will have to make up this day instead of a three day weekend in September (teacher). The local media is killing me. It is like they are trying to convince us there was storm and their stormtracker/hunter/team coverage for 24 hours was justified. Their self-indulgent hype makes me want to puke. Their big headline right now is that a tree fell across a busy street and is blocking a lane of traffic.

A tree fell across a busy street and is blocking a lane of traffic.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Bush will surely declare it a national disaster!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry to hear that you have to make up the days off. :(

Their self-indulgent hype makes me want to puke. Their big headline right now is that a tree fell across a busy street and is blocking a lane of traffic.

Watch out...Breaking Story with Team Coverage here we come!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom