Trip Report Bonaire - October 4 to November 14 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too. One of our dive buddies got hurt exiting the van from the airport and needed medical care. They gave her a prescription for meds, so a few of us volunteered to go pick them up. We were parked downtown to grab a bite to eat, and we had no idea where the pharmacy was. So, we asked a guy if he knew where the pharmacy was and he asked if we had a car, which we pointed out was parked across the parking lot. He said he'd meet us there. He pulls up in a coast guard truck, told us to hop in, and he drove us to the hospital (no pharmacy), he asked for directions in non-english or spanish, and drove us to the pharmacy. He was awesome to talk to, invited us to a party (we couldn't attend), and drove us back to our vehicle. He wasn't on duty at the time. He went above and beyond to help us and was a pleasure to talk to while driving around. We almost felt bad because he was so helpful for no other reason than to just be helpful and he wanted nothing in return. We invited him to go diving with us but he had to work or something.
I already forgot exactly what I wrote, but people we did talk to were very nice, and likely the "not smiling" could be somehow related to Covid and people just not wanting to get close and say hi to everyone they pass as before.

Example - we had a flat tire as we entered the neighborhood with the Andrea 1 dive site. A nice Dutch man was walking by, he said he was looking for a place to fish, and ended up staying with us the entire time and helping us change the tire, even though I'm able to change a tire on my own. Was very glad he did hang around though, because the spare ended up being bad too (couldn't tell for sure until it was mounted). At that point he invited to drive us to the rental place or anywhere else we wanted to go -- we said no, too much. He then allowed us in to his home to use his wifi to make a phone call to the rental company, since for whatever reason his phone and both of our phones were not working at the time in that area. He was a tourist also, but a frequent one, some might say a part-time resident. Very friendly guy, and his wife and daughter(?) at his house were also very friendly and helpful with the wi-fi password my eyes couldn't read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom