Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about the Eastside since I am back in Galveston…but the Damn thing is about to hit here on Monday. But not too bad in the projections, but we do get Surge here as opposed to Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay

I don't know about the Eastside since I am back in Galveston…but the Damn thing is about to hit here on Monday. But not too bad in the projections, but we do get Surge here as opposed to Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Houston does not need it, either.

TS Beryl is expected to make landfall as a hurricane between Corpus Christi and Galveston with lesser effects further along the cost then push on with heavy rains as far as Michigan. Flooding expected.

Are there any reports yet from the east side?
Does not look bad. Miradore got hit

Attachments

• IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 64
Another view cleaning up sand at rastas yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpeg
    IMG_2022.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 63
TS Beryl is expected to make landfall as a hurricane between Corpus Christi and Galveston with lesser effects further along the cost then push on with heavy rains as far as Michigan. Flooding expected.
NOAA is warning folks to expect it to make landfall as a Cat 2.

NOAA is warning folks to expect it to make landfall as a Cat 2.
It would help if developers would build stronger houses on the coast, with hurricane-clipped roofs, etc. I remember one published photo from that area after a bad storm showing a house that was built right and still standing but surrounded by the debris out dozens of flattened houses.

Ah, I found it. A lone home left standing in September 2008 after Hurricane Ike in Gilchrist, Texas. Credit...Pool photo by Smiley N. Pool, via Getty Images Article at Opinion | When the Next Hurricane Hits Texas (Published 2016)...

1720391987947.png

It would help if developers would build stronger houses on the coast, with hurricane-clipped roofs, etc. I remember one published photo from that area after a bad storm showing a house that was built right and still standing but surrounded by the debris out dozens of flattened houses.

AFAIK hurricane related code changes have been required throughout the Gulf coast for all new construction for at least a decade now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom