Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has the hurricane passed coz, isla mujeres, tulum , Cancun? Any more info on damage in their areas, electricity, plumbing , roads out?

Has the hurricane passed coz, isla mujeres, tulum , Cancun? Any more info on damage in their areas, electricity, plumbing , roads out?

Yup! Definitely has passed Cozumel. Seeing bands of blue sky/Sunset out of my rooms balcony now. Its been basically fine here since well before noon. Seas have calmed down significantly.

1720226894882.jpeg

Most of the damage I saw on an evening walk into to town was downed branches; a couple uprooted trees in the extreme cases.

Basically more an annoying clean up chore for the towns folk it seemed.

Island is rapidly getting back into action. Lots of restaurants were gearing up for opening around 6PM.

I don’t have Facebook, but I am sure there are dozens (if not hundreds ) of posts on the Cozumel 4 You Public Group on Facebook

Very little to post about, but the further south the likely hood goes up. Just small potatoes in Town and North. Our guests at the Villa Aldora had a sponsored hurricane party and can now say they SURVIVED a Cozumel hurricane. This was a bit like one early 2000 hurricane, the eye actually touched the south end…with no damage in town. Of course all the trees down south lost leaves.

Never lost power and just need to open the rest of the Hurricane shutters. The port remains closed but it looks good for diving tomorrow with boat lists already made up. Most Aldora boats are back in the water and ready to go.

Dave Dillehay

Has the hurricane passed coz, isla mujeres, tulum , Cancun? Any more info on damage in their areas, electricity, plumbing , roads out
Made a bee line straight across the Yucatan from just north of Tulum via Valladolid
It is passing thru Progresso now, looks like the next landfall is projected to be Corpus Christi as a Cat 1 on Monday

Can't really prove a negative, but:

Nothing there but a blogger declaring something a "myth" and saying it has been debunked but still no DATA to back it.

"People have actually been killed after standing behind taped windows."

I bet more people have actually been killed after standing behind untaped windows.

It never seemed reasonable to me that a few strips of duct tape that I can easily tear apart with my bare hands could significantly strengthen a plate glass window, but I'm no "expert". :D

An even thinner film makes your windshield safer. Anyways, I don't think the taping is meant to keep the window from breaking but to keep the pieces from flying.

I bet more people have actually been killed after standing behind untaped windows.
And they will, too. I remember one night dining in Fort Worth when much of the city was bombarded by hail stones and lightning which took out my rental car's back window and cobwebbed the front one. Half of the people there huddled around a picture window!

Then there was the big meteorite that crashed in Russia a few years ago. The flash of light attracted scores of people to their windows right before the shock wave hit shattering them.

DO NOT WATCH STORMS OR EXPLOSIONS AT WINDOWS.

Nothing there but a blogger declaring something a "myth" and saying it has been debunked but still no DATA to back it.

Well. It's not a blog. It's an interview with the former FL director of emergency management. Clearly neither reading comprehension nor media literacy are your strong suit.

Well. It's not a blog. It's an interview with the former FL director of emergency management. Clearly neither reading comprehension nor media literacy are your strong suit.
There is no need to get personal

Back
Top Bottom