Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it's here now. Still cat 1 and the eye will soon be North of us, in downtown Houston. But isn't this all about Cozumel?

DAVE DILLEHAY

Yep, it's here now. Still cat 1 and the eye will soon be North of us, in downtown Houston.
It'd be nice if the city took a storm day and stayed home all day, but I'd bet the hiways were packed this morning.

Texas State Parks are offering free camping to hurricane evacuees by reservation. I'd suggest using the phone option to avoid confusion. Ten parks on the coast and in the Houston area are closed.

Over 2 million without power in Centerpoint area (Houston) with many expecting it to take days if not weeks to repair. It'll be a day or two before they complete damage assessments. I've said it before and I'm not joking, we may have to retire to a third world country to have more stable electric and internet service.

Over 2 million without power in Centerpoint area (Houston) with many expecting it to take days if not weeks to repair.

Unless Centerpoint is incompetent weeks is unlikely. After Ian, FPL had 90+% of the power restored within a week.

Unless Centerpoint is incompetent weeks is unlikely. After Ian, FPL had 90+% of the power restored within a week.

Centerpoint took 4-6 weeks in 2008 after Ike.

4-6 weeks to restore a majority or 4-6 weeks to get every outlying community to get full restoration?

I am sure that crews are being surged in and will help store the area as soon as possible.

4-6 WEEKS? That is INSANE!! We were hit by Irma in 2017 and Ian in 2022 and our power was restored in 2-3 days both times.

4-6 weeks to restore a majority or 4-6 weeks to get every outlying community to get full restoration?

I am sure that crews are being surged in and will help store the area as soon as possible.
After Ike my friend in Garden Oaks (in north central Houston just north of 610 and east of 290) was without power for five weeks. It wasn't a lack of competency on the part of Centerpoint that made restoration take that long but rather the number of downed trees on the overhead medium voltage distribution lines.

He is doing some renovations to his property which include the installation of a generator that he ordered a couple of months ago and was supposed to have been installed today. He lost power at 4AM yesterday and he doesn't know when it will be restored.

Back
Top Bottom