Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ernesto week to 10 days out?
Screenshot_20240804_155727_MyRadar.jpg

A tropical wave located near the Windward Islands continues to
produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions appear generally favorable for some slow development over
the next week while the system moves westward at around 20 mph over
the Caribbean Sea.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...30 percent.

I really think that Cozumel is out of danger.

He isn't talking about Debby. There is a new tropical wave this morning that is on a similar track as Beryl was on.
With a 10-30% chance of formation.

With a 10-30% chance of formation.
Those are just the two and seven day cyclonic probabilities, and it's what every tropical storm looks like early on. The analysis says that it will likely encounter conditions more favorable for development later this week. It may dissipate, or it could develop into a Cat 5 storm, or it could get to be something in between. It certainly bears watching.

Perfect timing. We land on Friday :banghead:
Got trip insurance that covers storms? I like trip insurance when leaving the country primarily for medical coverage, but if you don't have any yet, it might be good to shop for some that'd cover you if you buy before it's named, then change plans if it looks like a threat. But then if it does develop into a threat, airlines, resorts, and dive Ops usually let you change for free as they wouldn't want you if it hits.

I take insurance out during hurricane season for precisely this reason. Never had to use it. We've dodged a few 'canes over the years either just before arriving or after our trip. This system doesn't look like it's going to do much for several days (if it does anything at all) so, if it does get named, I doubt it would happen in time to pull the plug on the trip. It sure looks like it will mean a bunch a lousy weather though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom