Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a strong Cat 2 at landfall, not a 4. The current system has diminished into a nothing burger. Which makes me very happy as we land in 36 hours 😁

.Thanks for the clarification, but I seem to recall it was cat 4 before landfall at Punta Sur.

I don't even worry about a system until the NHC sets up an invest for it. Half the systems don't even make it that far.

When the 7 day area for a potential storm is red, it usually develops into at least a TS.

I was speaking generally. Tomorrow they will probably setup an invest. But right now it is still a while off before it forms into a cyclone. And even assuming to tracks far southward from the current track at least a week off from hitting Coz.

It was named an invest yesterday.. if we are talking about the same storm wayyyyy out there...

So was I. This morning the probabilities are up to 70% and 90%, but a turn to the north is creeping into the prediction.

It isn't creeping into the prediction an early model I saw like two days ago on a local Florida FB group showed a sharp northern turn before it hits the DR.

It isn't creeping into the prediction an early model I saw like two days ago on a local Florida FB group showed a sharp northern turn before it hits the DR.
I was speaking of the seven day prediction on the NHC website, but if you follow hurricane predictions you know how quickly they can change.

Back
Top Bottom