Tropical Depression 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was speaking of the seven day prediction on the NHC website, but if you follow hurricane predictions you know how quickly they can change.

I know, that is why I don't get worked up until it is at least predicted to be heading in my general direction.

It would take a very dramatic shift in the weather patterns for this storm to hit Coz.

Now it could be a threat to Florida or the Eastern Seaboard depending on when exactly it makes that turn to the north. But typically you see outlier model tracks indicating that is a possibility, for example I remember seeing a couple of early GEPS tracks that showed Ian taking the route it ultimately did. And right now there is one model track that takes this storm up along the Bahamas.

I know, that is why I don't get worked up until it is at least predicted to be heading in my general direction.

It would take a very dramatic shift in the weather patterns for this storm to hit Coz.

Now it could be a threat to Florida or the Eastern Seaboard depending on when exactly it makes that turn to the north. But typically you see outlier model tracks indicating that is a possibility, for example I remember seeing a couple of early GEPS tracks that showed Ian taking the route it ultimately did. And right now there is one model track that takes this storm up along the Bahamas.
Is someone worked up?

Is someone worked up?
The latest advisory predicts a sharp right turn in the middle of the week and no landfall in Mexico or the US. Yay!

Yep, current expectations subject to change only show some Lesser & Greater Antilles and maybe Bermuda at risk, building to Depression tonight, Storm to be named Ernesto tomorrow, and Hurrican Wednesday...

1723430901810.png

This is where somebody says, "Whew! It is going to go harmlessly out to sea!" As a retired sea-going oceanographer, with countless (and often sleepless) hours at sea, that is NOT a comforting concept.

Seriously every time these depression threads roll past I go running for some of my tablets
Could you change the title to, Seasonal Affective Disorder or something, I do not have that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom