Tropic Air Flight schedule timing and transfers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Peter, I didn’t choose my wording or phrasing carefully. Carlos is correct; all I meant was that Tropic air happily took all my bags, without weighing them and without charging me or giving me a hard time about them. I think they may have even taken a larger carryon from me planeside and put in the baggage hold.

I have posted numerous times before and should have repeated it in my recent post that I think Tropic Air is the best run and most accommodating airline I have ever been on anywhere. They really take care of their passengers.

All I was asking was whether they currently enforce baggage limits as most other airlines now do. Tropic Air’s posted limits on their website are two bags but at only 35 pound each, not the standard 50 pounds. From what Carlos said seems like it is not enforced, as it wasn’t in my trips to Belize in 2005 and 2006.

PS: Carlos in another thread Peter suggested Tranquility Bay. I’ve since looked at the website, it looks very nice and something for me to consider.

Diverrex

We are a very small resort on the North side of Ambergris Caye. We are not typically known as a Dive Resort although we are PADI certified as one. We have our own compressor, tanks and rental gear. The diving is literally three minutes away from the resort and you spend your surface interval back at the resort with non-diver traveling companions. It is a little more pristine than in front of San Pedro and has the same spur and groove formations. We are really only missing the divers, which means very small groups in the dive boat in general!! We are also the only resort on the island where you can snorkel safely from the beach to the reef.

Cheers,
Carlos

Diverrex

We are a very small resort on the North side of Ambergris Caye.

I had lunch at the Tranquility Bay Resort when I did an all-day dive trip with Ecologic Divers a year or so ago. The food at the restaurant was outstanding. I spoke to some guests there who said they were having a great time as well.

Maya didn't weigh our bags, and one bag had two complete sets of dive gear. It all went on (under) the plane with us, no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom