Palau airport issues (sounds like mostly resolved )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sounds like United cancelled flights to Palau a couple of days because they didn’t want to use temporary stairs while terminal jetways were being repaired. This issues sounds like something already resolved , but if you are headed there in next week or so it might be good to investigate further.

[Palau Airport Jetway RepairsDisrupt United Airlines Flights - Island Times]

How exactly communication between airport and its number one airline customer got so screwed up I don’t know. I gather this was planned maintenance on jetways .

Stranger things have happened though—last time I flew to Palau in 2022 we were on Guam taxiway when they realized they weren’t allowed to land in Palau at night because of a change in FAA rules that United didn’t catch until we are all on the plane (basically all the fights land at night ). We had to deplane and fly during daylight hours the next day. That issue was resolved within days— just using as an example of relatively weird stuff that seems to happen out there .

Back
Top Bottom